Chapter 40- Special

I was wishing for him to not attend the home-ec class. But God never listens to these kinds of wishes. Along with all other students, Ryder came too. He had a look similar to the one that shows guilt but that can't possibly be right, right? Anyway, today was the presentation for our project and we started preparing the Neapolitan cake as we decided. I worked on my side and he worked on his. I had already written what he had to do on a paper and passed it to him. From the very beginning to the end we didn't utter a word. The cake had already been assembled and now it was time to decorate it. I started doing icing from the bottom all the way up. He tried to help me in doing something at least and that's what I am grateful for.

Our presentation went quite well. The teacher told us our flaws and assured her to enhance them the next time. Syd and Zach made a beautiful cake too. Theirs was a wedding cake. After everyone presented, we sat down as the teacher was explaining the next activity. I don't think anyone was paying attention to her.

Kriiiiiiing!

Thank god finally the bell rang. I stood up and saw black stars. Is that even possible in broad daylight? I felt a pair of very arms wrap around my waist holding me up straight. I clung onto them as it was the only option left. Syd and Zach already left giving Ryder and me the 'personal space' they think.

"Are you okay?" he asked, sounding genuinely serious.

I tried to look at him but all I could see was different colors popping everywhere. He lifted me and helped me to sit on a stool. My temples were burning by this point. I tried to rub my temples, elbows resting on the table. I heard Ryder run somewhere.

"Here. Drink this."

I could hardly watch the glass now. Before I tried to hold the glass with shaking hands he brought it near my mouth and I drank from it.

"Eww. What is this?" I said with a frown. My vision became more clear by the minute.

"It's just water with sugar and salt. There's no eww in it, start chugging it down," he ordered.

"No, I'm fine," I said trying to get down with the support of the table.

"You're not. Now, why did this happen?"

"None of your concern," I replied and started moving away.

"You're not going anywhere until you tell me the reason."

"Fine. I haven't eaten anything since morning, maybe or girl problem."

"Come with me," he said holding my hand. I snatched my hand away from his. He glared at me.

"Till when are you gonna give me a cold shoulder Rory?"

"Wow! Am I the one giving you the cold shoulder? Every time you stop talking to people like a little girl adapting to getting periods, I am the one to come and talk to you. Yet in the end, it's always me to get hurt!" I said furiously.

"I'm sorry, okay. Right now you need to come with me. Eat something."

"I can eat myself."

"You won't. And I know that."

I folded my hands and looked at the other side. He came closer and lifted me up like a sack of potatoes.

"Ryder put me down!" I said slapping his back. But he won't budge. He put me down and pushed me into the passenger seat of his car.

"We'll miss class," I said looking annoyingly at him.

"Wow! Now look who's being ridiculous. You almost fainted, don't take it lightly."

"Whatever. And I didn't faint!"

He pulled into the drive-way of Mcdonalds and gave our orders. Then he parked the car in a quiet area and started eating. I saw him staring at me but I stayed oblivious to his presence.

"I'm sorry," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"Rory don't ignore me. Look I'm really sorry for what I said to you earlier. I didn't mean it and.."

"And what Ryder? Yes, I'm just any other random fuckable girl, I know. Do you think I'm gonna fall for your trap again? But not this time. And do I look like a disposable spoon to you? If you need it, use it, otherwise after using throw it out."

"Rory please give me a last chance. I promise not to behave like that with you. And you're not any other random girl, you're special." he said holding my hand.

"Oh really! Why? It looks like I'm giving the thousandth chance."

"So do I consider my apology accepted?"

"Only if you get me s' mores frap from Starbucks," I said looking at him.

"Of course," he said, revving the car engine. I chuckled. He had to do that, didn't he? Anything to get marshmallows.

He dropped me at home directly as school was already over and then went to school again for practice. The match coming up on Friday. I replied to all texts about my whereabouts. I was excited and nervous about the visit to the orphanage this afternoon at the same time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys! Updateeeee! Sorry for the short chapter but you'll enjoy what's coming up next ;)

What do you think will happen at the orphanage?

Comment, vote, and share!

Keep reading and stay safe!

-DnD<3