To Love A Angel

The Devil X Reader

(we're calling him Amon cause- yeah, he has no actual name in the game so we're just gonna wing it)

~~

To love an Angel, you have to love yourself.

To love an Angel, you have to focus on the future, for they do not cry upon the past.

But he never knew how to do so, he couldn't love himself, he couldn't stop crying about his past.

For all he knows is how to burn and kill those in his way with just a snap of his fingers. He knows not of how to control that heart-throbbing feeling he gets when he looks at you, he'll never know how to get rid of something that has always been there from the start. you were his safety circle, your body was part of the beautiful earth that mortals placed their dirty feet on.

How could they just-- rip you into a million pieces? how could they just leave you as stone in the center of the city? 

He hated Vesuvia, for what they did to you, to your godly figure, for your personality that broke hearts in even the kindest ways there was. He hated how they just made you a statue, how they couldn't make your figure into something greater, something made of the rarest crystals. he hated that he couldn't get close to you anymore, to kiss your hand and call you sweet dearing things.

That was all he needed to love an angel-like yourself. but it was all to change soon. he came up with a plan, but he needed a form to take to get even remotely close to you. 

~

Amon pulled a hood over his head as he walked close to your statue, knowing damn well your body is inside, never to rot, you were breathing, he could hear it the closer he got. his dead heart started to beat rapidly. "my love.. I'm here, can't you hear me? can't you hear my heart racing for you? how long I've waited to bring you back to the world? y/n... my love"

at this point, you'd think he's some psychopath- but really, he's a hopeless romantic.

the statue cracked, bits and pieces fell to the ground and soon revealed an angel standing in the same position as the statue. their eyes opened and looked around, but as the rest of the statue fell, you fell with it, but he was quick to catch you in his cold arms.

"we may be dead... but my love for you lives" he speaks softly into your ears as he teleports you both to an abandoned castle, graced with trees and vines, flowers and animals running in and out of it, it was peaceful. it was yours, a place the gods let you have, for parties and living, a place with no fear of the person that held you at the moment. 

"I've missed you-"

  ~

To love an Angel, you must bend the rules.

To love an Angel, you must never, be afraid of losing your horns.

__

yes, take this angst. take it