"You're practically drooling. Calm your raging hormones."

I scoffed and was about to deny it when he asked Mummy if he could return to his room to finish his homework. Bastard.

"Sherlock, come here and help with these boxes," Father called. I sighed but reached out to take the two boxes from him.

...

A few weeks had passed and John and I had become, dare I say, friends. Sometimes we would sit on the slope of the roof that extended from our bedroom windows that stood only centimeters apart and chatted about school and ourselves. He's really the only person I can stand. I was very pleased when I learned he had moved into the bedroom directly across from mine. From the window we could wave to each other and a few times I may have been able to catch a glimpse of him changing. Although I always looked away once he was stripped to his boxers.

My crush on him only grew. John surprised me by being kind and considerate. Unlike our classmates, he's never said a mean word to me. When I had first deduced that they moved because of his father's position in the military changing, he was impressed. Actually impressed, not repulsed. He stood up for me and always kept me company when I needed someone (although I would never admit it out loud).

We were sitting in our usual spots on the roof, gazing up at the bright stars in the cool fall night.

"Hey, Sherlock," John whispered.

I ripped my eyes from the galaxy and met his beautiful steel blue eyes. "Yeah?"

"Um, I think I should tell you something." I blinked at him to say he should continue. "Well, since I've moved here, you've become my best friend," John started while twiddling his thumbs and staring at the space just past my eyes. I felt my face flush at his words and hoped it would be hidden in the darkness. However, I also felt a pang of sadness. I don't want to just be friends.

"I guess I'm trying to say that I care about you a lot, Sherlock. I mean, like I think I like you," John finished with a whisper and covered his face with his hands.

"Well, I'd hope you'd like me if we're friends," I shrugged. My heart fluttered and I fought to still it. Obviously he doesn't mean like that. He's probably going to tell me he doesn't want to be seen with me anymore so he can get on the football team.

John groaned and finally looked at my eyes. He curled his legs up to his chest and crossed his arms over his knees. "I knew you wouldn't make this easy," He chuckled with the side of his face pressed against his arms so he could still maintain eye contact. I gazed deeply into his stormy colored eyes and committed every line of his face to memory. "I mean I have a crush on you." In the dim lighting I could see his cheeks and ears dust red, and knew my blush must be visible as well.

I furrowed my brow. He actually likes me likes me. Oh my God.

John mistook my expression for confusion and sighed. "That means I want to date you and for you to be my boyfriend."

Hearing the words stole my breath for a moment. "I know what having a crush means," I smirked. The smile spread across my face and I felt like I could burst. "I've had one on you since I first saw you," I admitted in a low voice.

John let out a choked chuckle. "Really?" I nodded. With that, he stood and stepped across the space between our roofs and sat next to me. The shorter boy pulled me into a hug and I buried my face into his neck. I inhaled his sweet yet musky scent and completely relaxed against him.

"I've wanted this for so long," I whispered against the tan skin of his neck.

"Me too... So, Sherlock," John started and pulled apart a few inches to look me in the eye. "Will you be my boyfriend?"