I Can't

Hey guys! Happy Valentine's Day! Sorry this is short, but I have a few ideas for some other stories. Please leave any requests in the comments!
Just so you can mentally prepare yourself, there is a flash back to the Fall. So have fun XD 

John felt his heart stop as he watched Sherlock fling himself in front of a speeding truck, following the path their suspect had taken. 

"Sherlock!" The detective's name ripped from his throat as John extended his arm to grab the man. His arm was a meter too short. 

...

"Sherlock!" He cried, his world crashing around him as he watched his best friend step off the roof and plummet to the unforgiving pavement below. He stopped breathing and everything went silent. In slow motion, John stumbled forward to see the body that once contained the life of the most important person in the world. "Sherlock," He whispered under his breath.

...

By some sort of miracle, Sherlock ran fast enough to narrowly escape being hit by the massive vehicle who's driver was blaring the horn. As soon as the truck drove by, John sprinted through the alley to catch up with Sherlock who was still pursuing the criminal. 

John caught up, grabbed the collar of the detective's coat, and threw him against the alley wall. "You idiot!" The doctor screamed, eyes flashing with anger. "You could have been killed!"

Sherlock rolled his icy eyes and pushed John's hand off him. "But I didn't and now he's getting away," he huffed, gesturing to further down the alley to the shadowy figure that just turned the corner. 

John tilted his head and gave his flatmate a murderous look. 

"Wait, Jo-" Sherlock started.

The retired soldier shoved Sherlock against the brick again, glaring into his eyes. "I can't lose you again," John's voice cracked. Before either of the men could think, John brought his lips to Sherlock's and poured all the emotions he had ever felt about the detective into that kiss. Sherlock seemed shocked, but quickly recovered from it, and equally bared his emotions.

Panting for breath, they finally pulled away.

John pressed his forehead against Sherlock's. "I love you," he whispered.

The taller man cupped John's round face in his hands and replied, "And I love you." 

"Don't ever leave me," John sobbed.

Sherlock's heart broke as he pulled his beloved blogger into his arms. "I won't," He whispered into his silvery blond hair. "Never again." The detective pressed soft kisses to John's hair and temples as he mumbled reassuring sentences. "I love you. I'll never leave you. I'm sorry. You are my everything. I need you."

John's sobs finally subsided and he gave Sherlock a gentle kiss. "Thank you."

"Anything for you, John. Now let's go home."