2: Tasers, Pepper Spray, and Nets

Start from the beginning

Emiko knew a lot of high school athletes and all of them were idiots who required her sass and comebacks. Professionalism was out of the question. Mirae would make a great candidate for the program. She did not think the same for herself.

"Wait for a second," Mirae pulled on the back of her collar. "You have to go back; you don't have a free period."

She frowned. "Just ten more minutes, please?"

A glare sent her scurrying down the halls and towards her class.

She dropped in her seat and picked up her pen to continue with the worksheet on her desk. Her mind began to wander. Mirae was her friend and if she thought that Emiko would have fun and be good at this Manager Convention, then maybe she was right.

Friends want what is best for each other.

With that thought in her mind, she ignored Akira's glare and notified Hinata that his last answer was wrong.

Evening practise had just ended when Takeda Sensei came running in. Coach Ukai blew the whistle and ushered the team forward.

"We have some very exciting news!" he beamed. "Kageyama has been invited once again to the All Japan Youth Training Camp!"

The team cheered, clapping him on the back and singing words of praise.

"What's the big deal?" Emiko scoffed, "He's not even that good."

From where he was sitting, Kageyama leaned back and smacked her head. She almost face planted.

"Emiko, behave," Ukai growled.

"I am not a dog, Uncle Keishin. Why don't you try this attitude on your pathetic volleyball boys?" Her face paled as she turned to her right side. "Not you 'Tome, you are an angel and I love you. But the rest of you can run up a hill in freezing weather wearing shorts."

"Wouldn't you like to see that?" Tanaka grinned.

Nishinoya decided that would be the best moment to strip himself of his shirt.

"Ew, ew, ew, my eyes," she groaned.

Before she could make another retort, a volleyball came flying and bonked her over the head. She screamed dramatically and fell into Hinata.

Mirae narrowed her eyes and asked Kageyama to throw the volleyball back. "If she talks again, I'm spiking it."

Takeda Sensei blinked. "Right. Well, anyway, in other news-" he cleared his throat, "-Shiratorizawa is hosting its second training camp for the first years. Shoji and Takita have been invited."

More whoops and hollers followed with the upperclassmen commending them for their talents and efforts mainly in the finals against Aoba Johsai. With the attention shifted onto them, both boys blushed.

"You've got a purpose, you damn noodle," Shoji grinned and put him in a headlock. He used his fist to rub over Takita's head.

"Leave me alone!"

"You damn noodle!"

"Hey- stop! I'll choke you, I swear!"

Ennoshita peeled them off each other.

Takeda Sensei took that as his cue to continue with the news, but he should have known by now what type of team Karasuno was. There was rarely a second of silence. You had to scream over voices for attention.

"I am offended-" Emiko dodged the volleyball as she crawled over Hinata's lap and nudged herself between him and Kageyama. "How come 'Tome didn't get an invite?"