26: Ancestral Wisdom and Smart Advice

Day 12

Suna pushed the door to his home open and ushered Emiko inside. They smacked the snow from their pants and kicked their boots off. He took her coat and hung it up to dry.

"Thanks for going with me. I still can't believe Osamu went through my bag and ate Takita's snacks. I had to hold myself back from murdering him. Blessings to my ancestors, though. At least they hadn't sold out of the limited-edition crackers."

"Should you really be rewarding bad behaviour?"

She scowled at his question. "For the last time, Rintaro, I can assure you that my first year is not to blame for the Instagram account getting banned."

They climbed the staircase and headed for Emiko's room, the floorboards creaking under their weight. The incident in question caused quite the stirrup at Inarizaki. The second Emiko found out, she was on the phone screaming and yelling and demanding answers. At that second, the Miya twins decided to join in and help move the process along by yelling as well.

"So, it was the third years then. Honestly, what kind of students does Karasuno have?"

"Okay, you take that back. You know Karasuno has amazing students, I mean, hello, I am a prime example." She rushed through the next sentence. "But I promise you my captain and senpais are not to blame for this. They are responsible and amazing and would never ruin my life."

The corners of his lips lifted. "Then who got the account banned?"

"Tsukishima."

"Come again."

"It was Tsukishima, and I would bet my life on it." Emiko turned her nose up. "You know who I'm talking about, right? As tall as a giraffe, wrinkles on his face because he has been cursed with the inability to smile, speaks in monotone because he's hella boring, does not like me for some damn reason-honestly, I don't see what Mirae sees in him but of course, I support them because I truly believe she can add some colour into his black and grey world." She waved her hand. "Anyways, you know who it is, right?"

Suna narrowed his eyes, and after a moment's pause, murmured, "I don't remember."

"Trust me on this, it was Tsukishima. Mirae hasn't been able to text our boys because of how busy she is, and when Tsukki doesn't get attention from Mirae, he becomes even more annoying."

Suna opened the bedroom door and walked in. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Since he isn't getting attention from her, I just know he threw a tantrum, acted like a child, and got the account banned. Trust me on this, it was him."

"That makes no sense. He wasn't even in the live stream, we watched it together."

"It was him. You don't have to be in the live to report the account."

"Are you sure you don't have a bias against him?"

"What are you talking about? This has nothing to do with the taser and pepper spray incident."

His eyes widened. "The what incident and why haven't I heard of this yet?"

"Nothing," she huffed dropping the bags onto the floor. She faced him with a smile. "To summarize, it was Tsukishima's fault. I'm going to tell my lovely Captain, so he gets in trouble."

"There's no way he is going to buy that."

"Whose side are you on? Hello, I am your temporary sister and he was the boy who beat you at nationals."

At that comment, Suna grabbed a pillow and threw it at her. Emiko shrieked, choking on air.

"I'm telling Mrs. Suna."