Family Reunion

Mother!

With just one word, everything seemed to stop, the shock of someone they never knew being called mom from their toughest, and sometimes coldest ships is just too much to process in one second.

But back with the group, they all pounced on the woman, who somehow was still able too stand tall with the 6 girls hugging her like she would disappear if they were to let go, Zeppelin and Bismarck were crying silently and huddled the rest into the hug. Z23 and Spee were both wailing in her arms, letting all the pent up emotion of their near emotionless acts release in the one place they knew would accept them. Prinz and Roon were no better than the two destroyers.

Spee: I can't believe your back! I missed you!

Zeppelin: We ALL missed you!

The Iron Maiden wrapped them all in a hug, making sure they all felt her embrace.

Gneisenau: Umm...excuse me?

The girls all turned to Gneisenau, who was the first one to snap out of their trance.

Gneisenau: May I please ask for your name? I've never seen you before

?: Ah, sorry about that

She released the group hug and the girls stepped back, she grabbed her halberd and planted it into the water, making a fairly large wave appear from the spot she sunk it in.

?: I am the first shipgirl ever created to combat the Siren forces, the Floating Fortress and the  behemoth that rules the Ocean...

I am the KMS Großer Kurfürst, hull number H-44

?: WHAT?!

From the back of the crowd, Kurfürst spotted a tall, black haired woman staring at her, she seemed a little bit shorter than herself, but she felt her gaze, and she was strong.

Kurfürst: Hello there, may I know your name?

?: Ah, apologizes, I am Friedrich Der Große, hull number H-39

Kurfürst: Ahh...wait, 39?

The two continued their stare down, and soon, they slowly advanced towards one another, glaring and preparing for a fight. The atmosphere of the port quickly drew back to what it was before, as the girls held their breath from the pure force radiating off of them.

The two finally got within arms reach of each other, sharks growling and glaring at their opposition, the women in control exuding more force than before, both seemingly ready to tear the other asunder.

Kurfürst:...

Friedrich:...

Kurfürst/Friedrich: SISTER!!

The thick atmosphere was instantly eradicated, replaced with happiness and warmth that every girls felt, much to their relief. The two mega Battleships hugging and laughing while their riggings nuzzled each other, the eels dancing gracefully in the air.

Kurfürst: I never thought I would get an actual family member! Looks like the higher ups did at least something right!

Friedrich: Honestly! Being the only ship of my class was so lonely sometimes, but I'm glad your here now sister!

The smiles the two gave each other reflected to the rest, as the entirety of Ironblood was reunited under their progenitor's wings once again.

Bismarck: Ahem! Attention everybody!

Everyone pays attention to Bismarck

Bismarck: As you all see, we have a member here that has been apart of Ironblood for many years, several years before me and the other first generations. In essence, you may call her the "prototype" of shipgirls

She paused to let the girls digest the information, and to let them get some of their thoughts together.

Bismarck: I present to you the KMS Großer Kurfürst, the largest battleship to sail the ocean, as well as being the role model to us first gens

Kurfürst: I prefer being called their mother mind you!

Friedrich: Hey! They're my children too!

Spee: No offense Miss Friedrich, but I prefer momma Kurfürst

An imaginary arrow pierced Friedrich's heart.

Z23: Spee...that is completely offensive

Spee: At least I tried to not be hard on her

Friedrich: *crying motherly noises*

Bismarck: So, any questions for her?

Z1: I have one! Miss Kurfürst, why do you walk on water instead of Skating?

Most of the girls agreed with her question and were curious.

Kurfürst: That's mostly because of three reasons. The first is that I was the very first one, back when the Wisdom Cubes were found and discovered to bring ships to life. As the first experiment for this program, I was given my full persona and everything the girls have now, but because of the still limited knowledge, they messed up a segment on it and I couldn't skate, only walk and run like it's solid land.

Z1: What's the other reasons?

Kurfürst: Second is that my heavy armor and rigging would make travel and maneuverability abysmal, it would take forever to take another turn or to get going again, compared to on foot where I just have too stop my motion and leg it in another direction.

Z1: The final point?

Kurfürst: It's more intimidating to hear my armor clunking around, so I decided to stay like this

Everyone: Oh...

Kurfürst; Any other questions?

Z46: I have one

Kurfürst: And that is?

Z46: Are you my Grandma?

Everyone froze, some people have called Friedrich grandma or old, and it was never a pretty thing. Even Friedrich was breaking out in sweat, scared of what her older sister is going to do.

Kurfürst: Wha-...who, who's your mother?...

Z46: Graf Zeppelin

Zeppelin: You traitor Viersechs!

Kurfürst: Is this true Zeppelin?

Zeppelin: Y-yes!
.
.
.
.
.
Kurfürst: *sniffle*

Zeppelin: Huh?

Kurfürst grabbed Zeppelin and pulled her in for a hug, startling the Carrier, who also saw her mother crying.

Zeppelin: Mom! Are you alright?!

Kurfürst: I'm fine sweetie, I just so happy that I'm a grandmother!

THIS is the complete opposite of what they expected her to act like. Everybody is amazed at how she's handling it.

Zeppelin: Your...not mad?

Kurfürst: Why would I be?! I've always wanted grandkids!

Z46: So, you are my grandma?

Kurfürst: Yes I am!

Z46 then put her hands in the air, considering Bismarck did this when she was younger, she knew what she wanted. Kurfürst picked Z46 up and held her in one arm, holding her halberd in the other, raising it to the sky.

Kurfürst: Our time to shine is back everyone! The Monster of Metal has returned!

Applause and cheering was echoing from the Ironblood fleet, excited that they had gotten a new...actually old, ship in their fleet meant they now had more power to hold against the other factions.

Kurfürst walked the rest of the way and headed into port, heading to her favorite place to relax for the day...

The Bar!