The Attack of the Sleeping Giant

Waking up the next day, Kurfürst was already in a foul mood from last night's visit. She dressed herself in her armor, and made sure that the android's arm was completely crushed and destroyed before leaving.

Leaving the room, she noticed how the base seemed quieter than normal. She looked around and saw the girls being more serious than normal.

Kurfürst: Excuse me little one

She called out to a manjuu that was walking by.

Kurfürst: Do you know why everyone is tense today?

The manjuu nodded and pulled a clipboard out of no where. It passed the board to Kurfürst, who read it.

Kurfürst: Pacific Treaty...Naval Attack...EXTERMINATION?!

She gave the clipboard back and ran to the docks. Some people called out to her but she didn't listen.

She jumped into the water and hightailed it to the Pacific, hoping to stop the conflict to come.

Kurfürst: I swear, if anyone is injured in this, I'll give them a punishment they won't forget!!
——

It's been a few days since she set off from Port, and her search hasn't been going the best. She made it to the Pacific fairly quickly, but the problem is that she doesn't know where the battle is going to happen.

Kurfürst: Just pick up on radio activity and check it out, that's my only reliable option

She's been traveling around for a while and picked up a stray signal. After heading to the location, she found a stranded fishing vessel, which she brought back to shore in return for a little bit of food.

Kurfürst: Where could those kids be? There isn't any activity down in the south, and the only place they could be is the North...but where?

...

Kurfürst: Wait, extermination...that could only relate to one thing in the Pacific...

Kurfürst felt her heart drop as she rushed to Pearl Harbor at full speed, time was against her here and she wasn't going to lose.
—————

Fate would see it differently, however.

Pearl Harbor was already under attack before she could arrive.

The situation? It wasn't holding up well.

Cleveland: Everyone! Form up and keep your eyes on the sky!

The several ships docked in Harbor vanished into blue cubes. These cubes rushed to their respective girl and formed their riggings, which lit up the sky on activation.

The siren jets dropped like flys as the dozens of shipgirls fires their AA, clearing the skies at a moderate pace. The next step was to deal with the ships.

That is...until a petal blew past Cleveland's face.

Cleveland: These petals...we don't have Cherry trees here...

?: That's correct, so you should already know...

The inhabitants of Pearl Harbor turned their attention to a large cloud of the petals, which blew out and covered their vision.

Once they settled, two large carriers were revealed from the cloud.

IJN Akagi and IJN Kaga

Akagi:...Who we are

Cleveland: So...this was an attack by the Empire huh?

Akagi: That's correct, and you won't survive another day here, even with your famous Grey Ghost to back you up!