A Minor Obstacle...

To get between a family is to do one of two things, be one with them, or try to sever them from the others. The first option takes trust and love to accomplish, which is a chore itself to earn. The second runs the risk of vengeance to the highest degree.

Something that is currently plaguing the world.

Kurfürst has once again fallen berserk, her cracked purple and black eyes scanned all around her, looking for any signs of Sirens in the area. She wasn't growling, she wasn't snarling, she was without emotion...a completely blank slate.

She walked at a slow pace, using her radars to scan for any nearby presences, and thanks to her now colossally higher power, her radars received an upgrade.

Don't ask how...she won't be wondering anyway.

As she silently walked across the ocean, she gazed around at the world around her. The waves rolled over each other peacefully, the sky was bright and blue. What she once saw as a peaceful world still remains, but has been tainted by the presence of the Sirens.

Something she will correct.

Kurfürst: I will find you Arbiter...I will...

*ping*

She looked to the East, as a small but terrifying smile came to her lips.

Kurfürst: Good, it seems I found some prey
—————

Currently, the Sakura Empire was in trouble, mostly from its own ignorance and the blind trust of its people.

Oh, and a bigass ship

The Orochi as it was called, was finished and revealed to the Empire. Behind their backs, Akagi and Kaga had been aided by the Sirens in creating a super weapon powerful enough to destroy Azur lane, as well as any other targets they have.

That meant once they were done with their destruction, the Sirens would take it, and use it to destroy them, something they must prevent at all costs.

Takao: Nagato! What shall we do?!

Nagato: I...I'm not sure, but we have to call for help from the other factions. Wether we like it or not we need reinforcements to handle that thing

Takao: I understand, but what could we do now? It's already en route to Pearl Harbor!

Nagato: We need to start an attack, prepare everyone capable an-

?: No, delay that order

They turned to the new voice, finding Mutsu standing in the hallway.

Nagato: Mutsu...can you please explain before I hurt you?

Mutsu: We don't need to do anything, at least not now

Takao: But...this is OUR fault! We need to take responsibility!

Mutsu: It is, but it isn't our fight, it's Oba-san's

...

Nagato: Miss Kurfürst? But she isn't here, why is this her fight?

Mutsu: Zuikaku is out right now, patrolling and probably was just warned of this. Before that however, she radioed in that a figure was seen running across the ocean towards the Empire, and only Oba-san can run on water

Nagato wanted to argue, but let her words fall short and simply nodded.

Nagato: If that's what it'll take, then fine. I want to gather a small force still to support her anyway

Mutsu: That's fine, I'll even be a part of it
——

Turns out, most of the Empire is dealing with many minor Siren threats that have popped up around when the Orochi was complete, meaning only Nagato, Mutsu, Takao, Kawakaze, and Taihou were available to assist Kurfürst.