How the Years Go by

...

Life moved on, as it always had on Earth.

The Sirens all across the globe suddenly panicked and went wild.  But something that came to complete surprise was the battles against them. No longer were they one sided battles that may result in an endless amount of production ships and high class Sirens joining in, but rather whoever did show up to the battle would be it, no reinforcements.

Then after many months more of fighting, it was over...

The Sirens were defeated, the sightings dwindled until they were no more.

That day was a day for celebration, people across the world cheered and sang in the streets. They toasted the shipgirls and what they have done and they blessed those that lost their lives to the Sirens.

That leads to today...
—————

Pearl Harbor, and Hawaii as a whole became the most popular tourist location on the planet...by a landslide.

The reason for this was the chance to meet with the shipgirls and explore where the core of Humanity's resistance was. The girls loved the contact with people, meeting new cultures and making new friends was something they all enjoyed.

But the most sought after location of all?

...

Bismarck, Prinz Eugen, Roon, Z23, Graf Zeppelin, and Graf Spee.

The 6 "daughters of the Kaiserin" as they have been called.

They gathered at this spot, this fateful day was the one that ended the conflict between Siren and man.

May 5th...their mother's birthday as well.

Taking a step forward, Bismarck placed a Chrysanthemum at a great statue's feet, and the others followed after her, placing theirs as well.

Many people gathered, but kept their distance from the girls, especially knowing what today was now that the information has become world known.

Bismarck looked up at the marble statue of her mother, her armor was sculpted well, and the halberd stood as if she was planting a flag.

But the face wasn't done right...it was cold, but material could only do so much.

She looked down the statue at the plaque underneath.

KMS Großer Kurfürst

1877-2021

Battleship

"As Times changed, so have I alongside them. I am the last of my generation, and we will  persevere for all of time, with the stars at our backs"

...

1877, that's when she became a shipgirl by records, but really no one knows when but her.

Bismarck: Persevere...

Eugen: Reading it again?

She looked over to Eugen, noting how she looked a bit tired compared to usual.

Bismarck: Yeah, I just...can't get those words out of my head

Z23: Bismarck...I know this was rough on you especially, but please think clearly. Mother is...has been dead for a year

Bismarck: I can't just move on 23, there's something about this quote of hers...I'm going to find out what it is

Z23: Bismarck...