Meeting of Empresses

The day had broke, the leaves of the many Sakura trees bask in the light of the sun and mark the start of a new day.

In the Shrine, which sat at the foot of the massive tree, Kurfürst was fast asleep in a bed, given to her by Mutsu.

The light shines through the window, eventually making its way to her eyes. Slowly, she opened her eyes, rubbing them before sitting up in bed.

Kurfürst: Hnngh...ahh~

After stretching out the knots in her muscles, she stood up out of bed, putting on her under armor, leaving her suit of metal behind for now.

The under armor itself was a black, near skintight suit that protected her from blows that got between her plates. The design covered everything but her feet and hands, and seemed almost woven if one looked close enough.

Kurfürst:*sigh* I hope something good happens today...get my mind off of yesterday

She opened the door, not before putting on a pair of getas, and stepped out into the shrine's halls.

Kurfürst: If I remember correctly, the bathing area was just south of the shrine

Sure enough, after a few minutes of walking, she found the bathing area just where she remembered. She went to a spot near the pool and stripped, setting her guard aside and stepping in the pool.

Kurfürst: Haa~, it's been too long since I've had a good soak in a Japanese spring

Kurfürst sat in blissful silence, enjoying the hot water easing the tensions in her body, the veteran felt young again.

*Shhhh*

She heard the door to the pools open, opening her eyes, she turned to the door to see who entered.

She was met with a kitsune, she had shoulder length ash blond hair which seemed nearly grey. Her eyes were a blazing red, but held a strange gentleness within them as well. The lady's tail sat calmly behind her, in stark contrast to her wild and unkempt hairstyle, topped off with large fox ears the same color as her hair.

Kurfürst never met this ship before, but she could tell one thing as soon as she saw her.

She was powerful, very powerful.

?: I didn't expect anyone to be here at this hour

Kurfürst: It's nice when your alone in a place like this, let the old bones loosen up

Kurfürst noticed the woman jump slightly at her voice, but blew it off.

?: O-oh...I didn't think it was our Ironblood visitor that was here

Kurfürst: Shouldn't you have seen me through the steam?

?: About that, I have somewhat poor eyesight

Kurfürst: And by the looks of it, your a battleship

?: Indeed, poor eyesight when I'm supposed to be in the back lines...ironic, is it not?

Kurfürst: Sorry, but may I know your name?

?: Of course, my name is Yamato, the Empress of the Pacific

Kurfürst: Ah, going with titles huh? Very well, my name is Großer Kurfürst, the progenitor and the once sole defender of the sea

Yamato: It's a pleasure to meet you Kurfürst

Kurfürst: Likewise Yamato

Yamato stripped out of her Kimono, wrapping a towel around herself before stepping into the pool.