Chapter 7

ELLIOT'S P.O.V

"Okay. We have to go to a party tonight." Jeremiah said, glancing down at his phone.

"Really? Daniel hasn't even gotten in touch with AJ yet? What if they come after me again?"

"Don't piss me the fuck off and you'll have a ride, dumbass." He shook his head and I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me." He grabbed me by the throat and kissed me. I didn't like it when he did that while he was mad at me because he was always a little more aggressive.

"Okay."

He glanced back down at his phone and smiled as he typed something else. I sighed, popping my fingers. I knew he was texting that girl from the other night. "Who are you texting?"

"Just Jason." He shrugged and wrapped his arms around my waist, setting his head on my shoulder.

"Okay," I replied, desperately wanting to believe him. I needed to just trust him. I knew that what happened the other night was just because of peer pressure. If this relationship fell apart, I wouldn't have anywhere to go.

My phone dinged and Jeremiah quickly grabbed it. "Who is Bobby?"

"Her name's actually Billie. You remember Claudia, don't you?"

"Yeah." He nodded.

"She's her boyfriend's sister."

"Oh. You guys are friends?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah."

"I don't think I like that." He shook his head.

"What? Why?"

"You know that I'm uncomfortable with you being around people alone since you just like everybody."

"Uh—well, that's actually not—" I stopped, knowing that he wouldn't even understand. He was upset about my sexuality. I almost wish I never would've told him about that. "It's not like that."

"If it's not like that, can I meet her?"

"She's usually pretty busy." I shrugged.

"Apparently not Wednesday." He raised his eyebrows. "Seeing as how she just invited you over to her house. Not Claudia's house."

"I'll have to ask her if she's okay with—"

"I'll text her." He started typing and I sighed. I was just gonna tell him that Billie ended up being busy or something. I didn't really want them to meet. "Is there a problem?"

"Of course not." I wrapped my arms around him and locked my fingers behind his neck, smiling. I didn't want him to think that I was upset that he wanted to meet Billie.

"I kinda wish you were shorter," he admitted.

"Sorry." I removed my arms, biting my lip.

"It's okay. You can't control it." He shrugged.

"But you can control your mouth," I said instinctively. "You don't have to say shit like that when you know it just makes me insecure."

"Stop raising your voice at me. You know I don't like that. Now, you're making me feel bad."

Good. "I'm sorry." I shook my head. "When are we leaving?"

"Right now. Going after jewelry?"

"Yep."

-

I calmly followed Jeremiah out of the house. I didn't like doing this. It gave me anxiety, but I couldn't stop. Jeremiah would've probably kicked me out. He was really close with Daniel, and me not being a part of that anymore would put Daniel in a sticky situation. I just had to stick it out for... well, until I was gone because I didn't think that I'd be breaking up with Jeremiah any time soon. I didn't plan on it.

77 days.