Chapter 47

ELLIOT'S P.O.V

"Come on, Shark." I say, slowing down my jog a little. "We're almost home and then you can lay your lazy ass down."

A few minutes later, I finally made it to the house. "To the door. Come on. You got it." I hit the front door a little, stopping abruptly and opening it. "There you go." I laughed, crouching down and pulling off his harness. I did the same for Peaches and they both raced to the water bowl.

Somebody clears their throat and I jump back, looking up to see Finneas, Claudia, and Billie in the living room. "Holy fuck! What the hell is wrong with you guys?" I held my right hand over my chest, using my left to help me stand up. "I thought you weren't coming home until next week."

"Billie pulled some strings." Finneas shrugged.

I looked over at her. Her eyes were glued to her phone screen. I wanted to hug her. I wanted to kiss her. Instead, I turned my attention to Claudia. "I'm gonna go take a shower real quick because I don't want to give you all sweaty hugs."

A smile tugged at Billie lips and her face turned red, making me a little angry. Who the hell was she talking to? I decided to ignore her and went to take my shower.

-

"Well, we're gonna go ahead to bed, Elliot," Claudia said, giving me a quick hug. "I know we just got back but we're wiped."

"Jet lag?"

She shrugs. "Yeah."

"Okay. Goodnight." And with that, Claudia and Finneas headed to bed.

"Are you not tired?" I asked Billie after a minute, just to fill the thick silence. And maybe just so I could sneak some petty shit about whoever she's texting into the conversation.

"Waiting on my goodnight hug," she replied smugly.

I sighed, sitting down on the arm of the couch furthest from her and shrugging. "Well you looked a little busy on your phone texting who? You're new girlfriend? Did you meet a new posh prick to replace me on tour? Tell me, how do these accusations make you feel? Maybe I can relate to said feelings."

"Really, Elliot?" She scoffed. "You're kidding, right?" I just stared at her for a few seconds before she spoke up again. "What makes you think I've been texting anybody?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe you smiling and blushing at your phone earlier? That's kind of a red flag."

"You are... ridiculous. I was playing Candy Crush, and I was smiling at what you said, Elliot, you fucking dork." She shook her head, turning her phone around to show me. "Nice to see that you care though, I guess." She laughed.

"Suddenly, I'm tired. I should go to bed." I made my way to the guest room that I had been sleeping in, but Billie followed me.

"What? I thought we were having a nice talk."

"That makes one of us," I grumbled, flopping down on the bed.

She laughed at me, following suit. "Tell me the truth, is the house better with or without the clowns that live in it?"

"Surprisingly, with. It gets lonely when you guys are all gone."