Chapter 6

BILLIE'S P.O.V

"Hey," I said quietly as I peered into the open bathroom where Elliot was washing her face.

"Hey."

"You okay?"

"I'm not dead yet, am I?" she replied calmly.

"Well, no but that's not what I was talking about." I sat on the side of the bath tub. "You said that you saw your boyfriend kissing somebody else, didn't you?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "I'm sure we'll work it out though. It'll be fine."

"Yeah." I looked up at her as she stood up straight and turned the water off. She has all types of cuts and bruises on her face, but she's still undoubtedly beautiful. "Hey. Are you hungry?"

She bit her lip and then shook her head. "Nah."

I didn't think she was telling the truth, or I didn't want her to be, I'm not sure. "Are you sure?"

"Why are you being so nice to me all of a sudden? I don't need you to try to be my friend because I got beat up."

"I'm not trying to be your friend because you got beat up. I'm trying to be your friend because I'm curious and you're not who I thought you were."

"Okay. Who did you think I was?"

I thought for a second. "Do you like burritos?"

"Mm-hm."

"Let's go get Taco Bell. You can drive and order. I'll pay. Then, we can bash the stereotypes. Cool?"

"Why not?" She grabbed the keys, her hand grabbing mine briefly. She didn't have to do all that. I think she was fucking with me. She was not straight. I really doubted that she was straight. Maybe she was. I just didn't want her to be. I secretly hoped things didn't get better with her boyfriend. But also, I did. Honestly, I didn't care. If they broke up, I'd be more comfortable trying to get to know her. If they didn't, at least she'd be happy.

"Are we doing this or not, Bobby?"

"Yeah. Come on." I wished she'd call me by my actual name though. There was no point in correcting her. I knew she was doing it on purpose.

-

"Okay. So..." Elliot took a drink of her water. "Who did you think I was?" she asked in reference to my question earlier.

"Well, before you even got here, Fin told me about how you guys met, which automatically made me think you weren't a very great person."

"Okay." She nodded. "Understandable."

"Also, I heard Elliot and thought you were a dude, so..." She laughed. "And then you came in and I remember thinking that you were probably just some stuck-up, spoiled, brat who lives with her parents."

Her eyebrows knitted together but a smile tugged at her lips, giving me butterflies. She had a pretty smile. "What made you think that?"

I shrugged, chuckling quietly. "You were wearing nice clothes and you look young. I just assumed."

"How old do you think I am?"