Chapter 13

ELLIOT'S P.O.V

I sat up and looked around, confused by the unfamiliar, dimly-lit, red room before spotting Billie perpendicular to me, seemingly asleep. I tried to push down the nervous butterflies creeping their way into my system as I watched Billie. She was so pretty. I didn't really know what to do without Billie awake. I learned the night before that she talks in her sleep. She wasn't really speaking coherent sentences but it was still funny.

"Weirdo," Billie mumbled with a laugh, her voice groggy from sleep. I chuckled quietly, trying to hide my embarrassment. She groaned, rolling over. "I don't want to get up."

"What do you have to do today?"

She sighed into her pillow. "Let's see today is Thursday so—"

"Wednesday," I corrected with a laugh.

"What? Where's my phone?" She felt around on her nightstand a little before grabbing her phone and turning it on. "It is," she said confusedly. "I don't have anything to do, really. I need to compose a grocery list and clean up around the house but that's about it. I might go over to Finneas and Claudia's house if they're not busy."

"Yeah. I want to talk to Claudia. I feel really bad. I mean, she was right. Do you think she'll let me come over too?"

Billie stood up and stretched. "I don't really think she's mad at you if I'm being honest. I think she was just frustrated. Claudia's really good at feelings and stuff, you know."

I laughed at her word choice and nodded. "Yeah."

"I'm gonna go take a shower," she stated. "You don't have any more clothes do you?"

"Well, no but you don't have to worry about that. I'll walk back over to Jeremiah's house and try to get him to let me grab some stuff—"

"I don't want you to walk and I don't know if it's a good idea for you to be alone with him. I mean, I know that I can't just tell you what to do but... will you at least let me give you a ride?"

I shrugged. "I mean, I think it would be fine but sure." I was glad she offered. The thought of having to see him again made me nauseous and scared, but she was already doing a lot. I didn't want to worry her with more of my problems, but I didn't know how he was gonna act.

-

"Are you sure you're okay? We can get you new clothes. If you don't want to go in there, you don't have to."

I was scared. Of course I was scared, but she was already doing too much for me. I wasn't gonna make her get me new clothes when I could just quit being a pussy and go get my old ones.

"I wouldn't mind."

"It's fine. We're already here." I sighed, trying not to let her see the actual effect the situation had on me. "I'll be right back."

I got out of the car and walked up the driveway, taking a minute to collect myself. I raised a fist and knocked on the door, my heart beating wildly. I didn't know how he was going to react to me being here. I asked Billie to park across the street, hoping he wouldn't see her. That would just make him angry. The front door opened and he immediately grimaced at the sight of me. "Fuck off."