Chapter 19

Uh, okay so... I'm incompetent and I put that it was supposed to be in Elliot's point of view at the top of the chapter and proceeded to write every single bit of it in Billie's point of view, but then it wouldn't play out right if I switched it back to Elliot's so just bear with me.

BILLIE'S P.O.V

"Okay. She's like really crazy. I can't tell you what to expect because I don't even know what to expect, but she might say certain things over and over—she just forgets what she's already said sometimes, so can you just act like she hasn't said it yet if she does? I don't want her to feel bad."

"Of course." I smiled. She seemed really excited and happy about this and it was really cute. I was glad. I liked seeing her like this. Elliot knocked on the door of the old looking English cottage. I was sure that was a very expensive house to keep. People would pay really good money for something like that nowadays. Elliot said that she inherited it from her parents, so it made sense that she had it.

The front door opened and an old woman with curly, white hair opens the door. "Who are you?" she asked, making the smile on Elliot's face drop.

Oh no.

The old woman laughed. "Just kidding, Elliot. Come in."

"Oh my God." She drug her hands down her face. "Why would you do that?"

"I could never forget about you." She pulled her into a hug. "Is this your girlfriend?" If only.

She laughed. "No."

"Why not?" She looked between us and my face heated up.

"Can you stop?" Elliot shook her head, her face turning red.

"I'm only teasing. Come in." She moved out of the way and I followed Elliot inside. "So, what's your name, dear?"

"Billie."

"My name is Natalia. What do you do for a living, Billie?"

"I sing."

"Really? That's something. Are you popular?"

I shrugged. "I'd say so."

"Do you make money?"

I laughed as Elliot ran her fingers through her hair, shaking her head. "A little, I guess," I replied, throwing a teasing smile at Elliot.

"That's nice." There's a loud whistling sound and I look at Elliot confusedly. "Oh. Elliot, why don't you go finish up my tea for me?"

"Yes, ma'am." She glanced over at me before turning around and walking into the kitchen.

"So, are you retired?"

"Yeah."

"What did you do before?"

"I was an airplane mechanic." She nodded. The living room didn't have a couch in it. There was a rocking chair and an accent chair. She did have a small living room and it seemed that she was the only one who lived there, so it was ideal for her house.