-14-

Spy Games•
*************************************************

I woke up the next day in my bed, how I kept ending up here was beyond me. My ribs hurt as I pushed myself to sit up.

Looking around I saw the sun leaking through the gaps in my blinds, and I could hear my mother and father outside arguing about something.

I stood up and walked over to my balcony opening the double doors, and stepping out to listen in.

"-fault our children are wreckless and come home at all hours high, drunk or dragged home by police. Heck your son even moved to the Bahamas to get away from you!" My father shouted at my mother as she stood there with crossed arms, her gentle features now angry.

"My fault?! You pressured Cody into going to a school she didn't want, made her befriend people she doesn't like and don't let her have any sense of freedom. Of course she's going to rebel, Archie that's what teenagers do when they're suppressed!

And for your information, I sent Christian to Bahamas to get help! I didn't want him being a drug dealer, or messing his life up!" She shouted back. I sighed shaking my head and walked into my bedroom again closing my doors, before leaving the comfort of my own bedroom to go to Christians.

I knocked twice before a small voice from inside granted me passage.

"Hey" I smiled weak, he returned the gesture with one of his own. I sat down on the end of his bed looking at his bruised face.

"What happened to you?" I asked, to which he let out a small laugh shaking his head.

"Some old buyers jumped me as I was leaving the bar. What's your excuse?" He asked pointing to the slight bruise on the side of my eye going to my cheekbone.

"Dust up with a couple of kooks" I sighed, walking into his bathroom to get a cold towel for his face. Walking back in, I handed my brother the towel, to which he just smiled.

"Thanks for taking care of me" He smirked, I let out a small laugh brushing my hair behind my ear.

"Hey that's what we do right, I mean, when the other one fucks shit up, we help each other" I nodded standing up, "Get some sleep by the bags under your eyes I can see you need it"

********

"Don't let it get in your head bro. It's three of them and two of us. That's some typical Kook shit right there" JJ spoke up as we were helping out at Hayward's. I had offered to help as I was bored out of my mind and needed a distraction before I grabbed Christian and went to Rafe's.

"Hell, yeah" Kie replied, handing the customers change to them.

"What was your thought process, using your head?"

"I don't know, man. I just kind of acted off of instinct alright, I was a cornered animal." Pope replied as I placed a box down by JJ flicking him as I walked past to which he shoved me, nearly causing me to fall into a stack of crates.

"Hey, Pope, someone here to see you" Hayward shouted through the small building. I looked at him confused before Deputy Shoupe hacked walking through the door.

"Evening officer" Pope spoke his voice wavering, slightly scared.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property" He spoke getting his handcuffs from his belt. I looked JJ then Pope with a way more confused look.

"What?" Hayward asked just as confused.

"Keep your hands on the counter where I can see 'em"

"JJ what the hell is going on?" I asked him standing next to the young blonde as the Deputy approached Pope. My stomach dropped as I looked at the scene in utter shock.