-11-

•The Forbidden Zone•
*************************************************

We sat on the dock as Kie strummed the ukulele a few times. The only thing that could be heard was the crickets, the small sound of the water. And the instrument in Kiara's hands.

"How much was it again?" JJ asked from beside me as he threw bits into the water. Upon breaking the silence, I looked over to him slightly.

"400 Mill" Pope replied as I adjusted my seating on the wooden railing I was on, leaning my back against one of the pieces of wood holding up the roof.

"Alright, let's talk the split" JJ spoke as he swung his other foot over the wood, so he would face us all, "Now before we say 'evenly', may I remind you that, I am the only one that can properly defend us from those groupers who were after us" he told us holding up the gun.

"Yeah but we all know that without the gun, if it was a physical fight, Cody, would kick their asses before you can even throw a punch" Pope replied to which I let a smile cross my face.

"Well, I have the gun, and protection? Not cheap, okay?"

"You haven't trained. You've done zero training" Pope argued.

"YouTube, Bro!" JJ near shouted, as I looked over to John B who was staring into space sipping the liquid in the can, "That's at least a five percent bump right there."

"You haven't—-"

"Any objections? Didn't think so." JJ spoke to which I raised my hand, and Pope replied 'yeah'.

"I don't hear any, so..."

"What are you gonna do with your 100 mill, Pope?" Kie asked from beside me, finally breaking her silence.

"Pay for collage in advance. And also, textbooks. Those are expensive"

"What about you Cody?" JJ asked, looking over to me. As I turned my head to face him, sucking my bottom lip between my teeth while I thought.

"Yeah, what does the 'Kook Princess' do with more money?" Pope asked, sipping his drink.

"Uhh, well for starters, I wanna be emancipated. I don't wanna be the 'Kook Princess' anymore. And uh, I wanna head East to Europe" I told them looking down.

"You wanna be emancipated?" JJ asked confusedly.

"Yeah....," I spoke looking over to John B, "What about you JB?"

"Actually I know what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna by a big ass house on figure 8, and I'm gonna go full Kook. I'm gonna get a marble statue of myself and a koi pond"

"To going full Kook" JB sighed after a while offering a small smile.

"To going full Kook" We all cheered holding up our glasses.

"Or emancipation" JJ added at the end as we all let out a small laugh.

********

Sitting in the boat I rested my head on JJ's lap, looking up at him as he wore the Ray-Bans I gave him, looking over the water. JJ let out a small whistle.

"You guys see that?" He asked as I sat up readjusting my sunglasses. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200k easy"

I noticed that boat, I've been on that before. I rolled my eyes standing up walking over to JB.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend" I told them, grabbing another drink. She looked over here moving her glasses onto her head, clinging to Topper's side like a leach. Looking John B up and down before looking at me, to which I raised an eyebrow as if you say 'excuse me?!'.