-18-

•Parcel 9•
*************************************************

After getting off the phone with JJ, I quickly ran over to my wardrobe to grab a pair of shorts and a long baby blue shirt. I pulled my hair back with a bandana and clipped on my silver 'Poguelyfe' necklace.

Legging it downstairs I grabbed a tub of fruit from the fridge, my phone and my keys. My parents weren't home today because they had a garden party for Miss Dutton's 60th. I took the opportunity to come home, have a shower and change.

Once I reached my car I headed to The Wreck. The roads were still messy from the storm, so I was doing my best to avoid branches and stones, that could harm my tires.

*******

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?" Kie asked as she walked around the place sorting stuff out for her dad. I was sat at one of the tables with my legs on JJ's lap, sharing my strawberries between the two of us.

"Tannyhill" John B replied, to which I coughed on a strawberry, causing JJ to let out a laugh. I smacked my hand down on the table and turned to the brunette boy.

"What?!"

"You're living with Sarah Cameron," Kie asked a lot calmer but also still angry.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there, is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't—-"

"Right he's your knight in shining armour" I rolled my eyes before grabbing another strawberry. JJ laughed placing fist on his hip and a hand on his chest in a royal fashion.

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope asked as I swatted JJ's chest. Kie sorting the next table out, just placing napkins and placemats.

"I don't know, Pope."

"What about one of those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?"

"Don't even bring up golf carts!" I warned JJ.

"Huh?" Pope asked looking between us both.

"A year ago, Cody threw that party remember? The one with the band?" JJ asked looking at the group who had now stopped and were all looking at him confused, "Well, I borrowed one of their golf carts and, shit happened"

I scoffed as he shrugged, dismissing the subject as he did.

"You had sex in my golf cart!" I replied looking at the young blonde, with furrowed eyebrows throwing my hands in the air.

"You're just jealous 'cause you're a virgin!"

"Okay, guys... A little focus would be fantastic" John B sighed holding back a laugh, "We've got the map, right?"

"It's all out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ sighed taking the last strawberry from the tub. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the tub closing the lid.

"It's 'cause the coast has changed" Kie sighed pointing to the coast shown on the map, before looking over at JJ, who made a big deal about leaning over to get a proper look, mocking her as he did.

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed," I told him looking over at the young brunette.

"What about the old forts?" John B asked looking down at the map before his gaze met the rest of us.

"Battery Jasper" I pointed to the weird drawing on the map. JJ had his arm on my shoulder to lean over the table.

***********