-13-

•Spy Games•
*************************************************

'There's a moment in every kid's life. When you feel like anything's possible. When you feel like you've got the total mojo. You could, I don't know, free-climb El Capitan, land on Mars, or, uh.... get elected president. The whole world's there for the taking, if you've got the sack to go for it.

And then, when you least expect it, some Kook shows up and tells you there's no eternal mystery. And then all that talk about free-climbing and Mars and the president.... bullshit. Magic gets cancer and dies"

"It's not there. Look, just— pull the drone up" John B sighed, I was gutted for him.

"Look, we can do another pass. Recharge the battery. We can—- we can go back down" Pope tried to explain but everybody had lost hope.

"Guys we've done it three times. There's nothing there" JJ shouted, he really wasn't helping.

"Shut up!" Kie shouted desperately.

"What? It's true!"

"The gold could be buried. We don't know"

"If it was there it would've been found on the metal detector, okay?" I shouted, my head spinning as I tried to keep the boat steady, "Somebody must've beat us to it"

"Or it was never there" JJ replied, he rolled his eyes at that to which I shook my head.

********

"Race ya" JJ shouted as I held my board in one arm, and threw my cover-up, on the sand next to me. I started running as JJ was a lot faster. I knew if I started running earlier I might have the slightest chance to get there before him.

Once my feet hit the water, I lifted my knees to run. Before throwing my board down and laying on it, swimming out. Once I got past the waves and the water was still, I sat up in my board, straddling it, and waited for JJ.

"Hurry up Maybank!" I shouted as he finally started to move toward me. I laughed as he sat upon his board. He moved his wet blonde hair that had flopped on his forehead.

He was good looking, I must admit. He isn't my normal type. But I've always had a weak spot for this particular blonde.

"What?" He asked, as I realised I was staring. From the water dripping down his tanned skin, to his blue eyes that looked white in the sun.

"Nothing... uh- have you spoken to Talia..... I mean you did have a one-nighter with her, then sacked her off" I laughed slightly, he shook his head with widened eyes.

I then started to explain everything that happened at the party that night I was spiked. How I saw Talia and everything that went down.

JJ's POV:

As she was talking I couldn't help but, stare at her. Her tanned skin, her now curly sun-kissed hair, that was slicked back due to the water. The sun hitting her eyes, making them look like pure honey.

How her dimples showed when she laughed, and her eyes scrunched. I always liked Cody, I wanted her since we became friends. When John B and her, made up the 'No Pogue on Pogue macking' I sort of turned to one night stands, and others hoping that it would help me get my mind off of Cody.

I've always been jealous of hers and John B's relationship. How close they were. I wouldn't ever show it because.... well I have a reputation to uphold.