-4-

Pilot
*************************************************

"So, what's the plan?" Pope asked as he shoved his hands in his pockets, his open flannel blowing in the slight wind, he stood there like some sort of super hero, his chest puffed out, trying to show some authority, but let's just make this clear, Pope is the least intimidating guy I've ever met.

I crossed my legs over leaning my head back to let the sun hit my neck and face that wasn't covered by the glasses.

"I think, I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat" John spoke holding up the key I found on the boat. I looked at their slightly shocked faces, as John explained, with one motion.

"We don't know whose room that is. It could belong to anyone" Pope argued, he was always such a killjoy, does he just really dislike adrenaline?

"I'm in" I shrugged with a smirk, kicking Pope slightly on his arm, from my place on the railing, he brushed his arm even though I dropped my foot back down.

"Come on, I'll be lookout" Kiara told him, as John grabbed my waist to help me down, not that I couldn't get down but I guess he's just being nice.

"Finder's fee. Just sayin'" I told Pope slapping his shoulder as I walked past him pulling John by his arm, "And, hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice.... come on bubba"

"Man" Pope whined before chasing after us, I let go of John as he stopped to wait for Pope, running to catch up with JJ as I jumped onto his back. He managed to hold me up and continued walking with a small laugh. I took off the Ray Bans and put them on JJ.

******

We reached the boat and set off towards the hotel, pulling out my tub of fruit I offered a strawberry to John who opened his mouth so I could put it in. He couldn't let go of the wheel as we turned a corner, so I smiled placing the strawberry between his lips.

He bit the end off and I threw the top of it into the water, sitting back down I offered everyone else a piece of fruit, JJ declined but Pope and Kiara both looked excited at the thought of food.

The hotel came into view, and let's just say Agatha beat the shit out of it. I scrunched up my nose in disgust as I stood up holding onto the railing by the wheel, JJ whistled.

"I thought the Château looked bad" JJ said with a whistle, as he climbed to the front of the small boat, grabbing the rope to tie the boat once they get off.

"This place is a shitshow"

"Motel or meth lab?" Kie asked grimacing at the sight, as we stopped the boat so it was half on land, I wasn't planning on going ahead with this mission, imma sit here and eat my fruit.

"This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue Comin' in for landing" JJ spoke in a weird voice.

"Doesn't look like the type of place somebody with a Grady-White would stay" I spoke sitting back, placing a grape in my mouth, chewing it with a smile, showing my 'chipmunk cheeks'.

"No, it looks like the place where, somebody with a Grady-White would get killed" Pope sighed sitting down as JJ and JB got off the boat and tied it up.

"Hey" I stopped John before he walked off further, JJ just a little behind him.

"Yeah?" He asked looking down at me as I looked around his shoulder to see JJ.

"Don't let him do anything stupid" I told him, as JJ places a hand on his chest, stumbling as if he'd been shot, by my words.

"I'm not making any promises about that" John spoke squinting his eyes as he turned his head to look at JJ, who was now on his knees holding his chest.