-25-

•The Runway•
*************************************************

"You sure he got everything?" Kie asked from beside me, JJ on the other side and John B lay on his back on the deck, his head propped up on a life ring.

"Every bar. The whole enchilada" He told us as he worked the cast-off of his wrist. My eyes furrowing in concern as he threw the cast, across the span of the deck.

"John B?"

"What, Codes? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?" He asked looking up at me in defeat.

"You should care." I argued, JJ now turning around to look at us, his blonde hair free from its usual cap, as he held the spliff in his ringed fingers, delicately, "Your arms gonna be messed up for life"

"It's fine. See?" He told me wiggling his fingers, making me roll my eyes.

"Guys!" We all heard, causing us to turn around in confusion, that along with the sound of shoes hitting the wood, approaching us fast, "Guys!"

It was Pope, he ran over to us stopping breathlessly once he reached the deck, I smiled slightly looking at the boy.

"Oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here" He told us, curling over to put his hands on his knees in exhaustion, Kie looked pissed off which gave me the feeling they weren't on good terms.

"You alright?" I asked patting his back, walking past him to sit next to JJ, taking the spliff from his fingers and bringing it to my lips, not caring anymore.

"How was the interview, Pope?" The blonde asked from next to me as he watched me take a puff, though he sounded uninterested.

"Don't ask. JB, look? I'm sorry, dude. About everything"

"It's fine"

"But—- but I don't have a lot of time, and—- and I have information that is tactically relevant... So! Before I had my interview, my dad said he was going to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off" Pope told us, as my eyes widened in my skull, I handed JJ the spliff and jumped down from the rail, my converse hitting the dock with a thud, "So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, 'Hm, why would Cameron need a longer landing strip to take off?'..... What could be so heavy to weigh it down?'"

"Gold" I replied looking between the other three Pogue's who had now come to the same realisation.

"That's right, Exactly!" Pope replied excitedly and doing some weird hand movement, as he pointed at me, "Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go"

"Guys, we can't give up now," Kie told us, as she also got down, followed by JJ.

"What's the plan big man?"

"We're gonna steal that shit back," JB told us, as I nodded with a smile, he looked hopeful, and I loved it.

"Come on, Coda" JJ laughed as I jumped on his back and we ran up the docks.

"You haven't called me that in a long time" I laughed whispering to him, as he put me down near my car.

He just smiled before following the others to the van. I planned to tail them to the strip, as I didn't really feel like abandoning my car again.