-22-

•Dead Calm•
************************************************

I ended up heading to Nmio and Daniels while the rest of the group went to figure out how to melt down the gold, and somehow create a way to get the gold up.

"You're leaving?" Nmio asked as he came walking in, in his diving suit. Daniel was still outside talking to one of the gardeners.

"Yeah, I don't wanna trouble you guys too much, so I'm gonna crash at John B's place"

"You're choosing to stay on the cut? Over this place? I'm guessing you've still not spoken to your parents?" He asked sitting on the couch next to my bag. I shook my head looking down, placing another pair of shorts into the bag, "They're your parents Cody, you gotta talk to them eventually"

"I know" I rolled my eyes with a groan. Before throwing my bag over my shoulder and walking over to the door, Nmio following after me, I stopped and turned around placing a hand on his upper arm, "Thank you, for letting me stay"

"You're always welcome" He nodded with a small smile himself. I then nodded too and walked out the door, stopping to say goodbye to Daniel too.

*********

We arrived at the Pawnbroker shop in town, all filing out like the start of a bad joke. JJ hand the melted down gold in his backpack, looking quite uneasy.

"Hell of a job melting it down, Dr Frankenstein" He rolled his eyes at Kie, as I looked up at the dusty old sign. They ain't gonna have that much money here. Not enough to buy off that thing.

"Like you could've done any better"

"I could have done much better. I took a welding class"

"When?"

"Woah Woah, hey hey, sh!" John B told the pair of them, standing in the middle, "Chill out, okay?"

"It's easy for you to say that. You're not the one who has to pawn this piece of shit off. How did I get this job anyway?"

"'Cause, you're the best liar," Pope told him as we walked into the small dusty shop. I turned my nose up at the old smell radiating from the shelves.

"Afternoon, ma'am" JJ smiled once he was inside, I walked in behind him and walked straight over to a random shelf looking at the weird random shit this shop had to offer, "I see you buy gold"

"That's what the sign say, don't it?"

"Well, I sure hope you buy a lot of it, because I'm about to blow your mind." He told her taking his backpack off, I stood next to Kie laughing slightly.

"I ain't got much mind left to blow, so have at it"

"How about them gold apples?" He asked, followed by a loud clunk. Pope then joined my side as I covered my mouth from laughing.

"That ain't real," She told him with a laugh.

"That ain't real?" He asked, his accent showing through massively, I shook my head looking over to John B and Sarah who were found the same as us, watching JJ.