-9-

•The Lucky Compass•
************************************************

After the incident I just wanted to go home, John B drove me home as I sat at the back of the van looking out the window, trying to avoid eye contact with JJ.

Getting out I didn't even bother saying goodbye I just muttered a quick 'thanks' before slamming the door and walking up to my electric fence, scanning my key fob and walking in.

*****

"Mijà can you come down here a minute please?" I heard my mother shout, I threw my clothes I was putting away on my bed and made my way down the stairs.

"Yeah?"

"Get some shoes on, we're going down to the docks to pick up your brother" My mother told me, to which I groaned and grabbed a pair of slip on sandals.

*********

"Why is he even coming back? I thought the job was going well?" I asked as we leaned against the car waiting for my brother to get off of the boat.

"Well, he misses his family, and..... well Rafe called him"

"Rafe as in, Rafe Cameron? Why?!" I asked, I of all people knew Rafe was bad news, so why is he after my brother.

As if on cue up walked the devil himself. He walked over embracing our mother in a hug, before turning to me.

"Hey Cody" He spoke opening his arms, I rolled my eyes before embracing him. He was quite tall for a Greyson, our mother was the same height as me, and our father was only a slight bit taller.

"Hey Christian" I sighed, before pulling away.

"Did you get taller?" He asked, lining the top of my head to his shoulder, I mean last time I saw him I was up to his chest so, winner.

"Hopefully"

"So what's new with you? Still pretending to be a Pogue?" He asked teasingly, as he opened the trunk throwing in his duffel bag. I glared at him before I spotted John B and Kie over his shoulder, they were walking past so I guess they didn't see me. Although they seemed to be fast walking, trying to get away from something.

"Same as before Christian, tell mom to take you home..... I'll be home in an hour"

Not giving him time to answer, I jogged over to them., I could sense him watching me run over to them. Christian didn't necessarily have anything against Pogues, he was just a little more Kook than me.

"John B! What're you guys doing?"

Kie carried on walking after John B said something, leaving me alone with him. I moved my hair out of my face that was blowing around, before looking up at him.

"The lighthouse—— the guy at the lighthouse, said that the royal merchant... the boat my dad was after.... it's closer to shore..... but when I showed him the compass, he freaked out and called security"

"I mean it's all gotta make sense right? You believe me don't you Cody? This entire thing, it can't just be a coincidence..."

I sighed leaning up to hug him, rubbing his back slightly.

"John B, of course I believe you..... but you're coming up with stories to cope and it's gonna drive you insane" I sighed as he rested his chin on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around me.

We stayed like that for a few seconds before I pulled away, though not too far before he placed his lips on mine.

Freezing I pushed him off slightly, looking down as I kept my hands on his chest.