-2-

Pilot
*************************************************

Walking through the house, I stopped off at the bathroom to quickly go to the toilet. Yet as I walked out next to me was a room with JJ and some random girl on the bed together. I awkwardly shut the door as JJ told me to get out.

"Morning Kie" I spoke to Kiara as she lay sprawled out on the pull out sofa. Passing Cody checking her pulse, she slept so still it alarmed us sometimes.

"Still alive?" Kie asked barely able to lift her head. I smiled before nodding to which Kie let out a teasing groan and lay back.

"Hey bitch I heard that!" Cody spoke groggily throwing a pillow effortlessly at Kiara. I let out a laugh before walking out to the porch where Pope lay half awake too. Why am I always the first awake?

*******

Cody's POV:

Throwing on a poncho type coat, I walked out of John B's house with Kiara. We walked down to the beach, sitting on the grass area. Where we met with JJ, Pope and John B who had been out that morning to his meeting.

John sat away from us, watching the sea, as we lit up a fire. Well I lit the fire, while the rest messed around and JJ tried to help but kept putting it out, making me push him out of the way, earning a face full of sand for him.

"Okay, Tommy Reddell, or Reid Poderst?" JJ asked me as I sat back resting against one elbow, bringing my beer bottle to my mouth.

"Ooo, uhm..... Tommy" I spoke with a wink, nearly spitting out my drink at the look on Popes face. He looked horrified, Tommy was a class A dick, he was a kook with a way too big ego.

"Okay then Po, Tammy Deckers or...... Sarah Cameron" I spoke with a teasing grin, Sarah never really bothered me, she was one of those people I could only be around when I'm drunk. Any other time she just gets on my nerves, our parents were close friends, but whereas she chose the kooks I chose the Pogues.

"Tammy.... Sarah's just....."

"A bitch" Kiara spoke drinking her beer, letting out a laugh as she watched the fire. JJ laughed along with us, as he shook his head.

*********

"Hurricane Agatha continues it's steady march towards Kildare Island, on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, we advise everyone to...." The TV spoke as I came walking down the stairs. My mother at the kitchen island preparing food. As my father sat with his glasses on watching the TV.

"Hurricane?" I asked slightly shocked, my mother looked up at me with a nod, and a small smile. My silk pyjamas rustling as I walked over to her, reaching the fridge and pulling out a tub of chopped tropical fruits.

"Yeah, we don't want you going out to The Cut today..." My mother spoke while cutting up an onion, her eyes slightly red as she rubbed them.

"Or any day" My dad muttered from his spot on the couch to which my mother rolled her eyes. My mother was always the understanding one, she understood that I loved my friends. She was a Pogue too, she never really told my dad though.

"I wasn't planning on it anyway, I have to submit this essay anyway, and I'm behind so, excuse me" I spoke, my dad let out a disappointed sigh, I'm gathering it's because I was behind. Well I'm a little more than behind, I'm failing bad.