-6-

•Pilot•
*************************************************

John B's POV:

"Morning sleepy head" I heard from beside me as I gasped awake. Cody was stood there sorting out a tray she brought into my room, "Here" She told me before handing me an aspirin and a bottle of water.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice surprisingly not as bad as I thought it would be with this headache. She sat next to me on my bed, watching me make sure I took both pills.

"Well, you nearly drowned" She smiled sadly, brushing my hair back from my face, as I looked forward out of my window at the sun shining through the glass.

"Shit" I sighed sitting back against my headboard, "How did I get home?"

"I asked Pope to help me. JJ isn't in the right frame of mind, he pulled a gun out on Topper" She told me to which I ran my hands through my kind hair, stretching.

"I don't know what to say" I admitted, to which she lay down next to me resting her head on my chest. I tended up slightly confused as to why she was so close, not that I minded, it's just not like her, she's flirty with all of us but it's always as a joke, but she wasn't smiling, not this time.

"I'll admit I was scared" She sighed, sitting up again to look at me. Running her thumb under my eye, it hurt slightly making me wince, black eye no doubt.

"Why?" I asked playfully, just wanting to hear her say it.

"Because, you nearly died John B. I can't loose you too" She sighed looking down at her hands, I put my finger under her chin, and lifted her face up, my thumb running over her bottom lip. I've daydreamed about this, and doing it in real life didn't seem real. The most shocking part is, she didn't stop me.

I pulled her bottom lip down slightly, looking up at her hazel eyes, to see if this was okay. She nodded gently, moving closer, leaning forward, one hand on my bed to keep herself balanced.

But just before our lips could meet my bedroom door opened, and in walked Sheriff Peterkin, with a stern look on her face.

"Sorry for interrupting whatever this is, but get decent, sweetie. We need to talk" She told me, before leaving the room. I turned back to Cody who was now getting off of the bed and grabbing her stuff.

"I'll see you later?" She asked, leaning down to hug me so that it wasn't awkward. She then left the room, I heard her say a quick goodbye to Peterkin before my front door shut.

********
Cody's POV
********

The crew had asked to meet up later that day but my mother had other plans. I walked down the stairs to grab my phone when my mother called me into the living room.

She was sat alone with her book and her iced coffee. I rolled my eyes before sitting on the couch across from her, she sat up, taking her glasses off, revealing her freckles and her dark chocolate eyes.

"Sheriff Peterkin stopped by this morning....... What happened last night Cody?" She asked in a serious tone, which was unlike her. My mother was my best friend, she wasn't serious and would crack jokes in the worst situations, I definitely took after her in that sense.

"We went to the boneyard, I told you?" I asked acting confused, I wasn't going to admit, 'Yeah JJ fired a gun, but it was okay because nobody died'.