No Mercy (31)

WARNING!

This chapter contains disturbing content (death) and may make some readers uncomfortable.

Please be careful reading this chapter.

Also don't @ me for using a Doctor Strange gif. It's supposed to be Maya in her armor that has a cape LMAO

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Please tell me he isn't doing his victory dance behind me," I groaned and kneeled on the sand, covering my face with my hands.

"Hey, this is the first time in my life I've been above average at anything!" Taehyung yelled from his position a few yards behind me, where I presumed he was still playing with the Kirin hatchling, still trying to train her. "Come on, let's do it again. Twirl!"

I rolled my eyes and looked out at the eerily peaceful ocean. The wind blew through my hair, whipping it around my relaxed figure as I stared out beyond the horizon. A pearly blue Water Wyrm with swirls of white stood over a jagged rock overlooking the vast sea. Her keen green eyes observed a seal plop into the dark tides. Nostrils flared as the dragon scented the salty water.

Suddenly, my vision was obscured by a pair of hands covering my eyes. I grabbed at the person's wrists and laughed, already knowing who it was.

"Guess whoooo?"

"I know it's you, Yoongi," I laughed. Yoongi huffed from behind me and plopped down next to me in the sand, stretching his legs toward the ocean.

"Foiled again," Yoongi joked, earning a snort from me. I sighed and leaned back, putting all of my strength into my arms that held me up.

"Can you believe it's been almost four months since you guys rescued me?" Yoongi turned his head to look at me and smiled slightly, yet something else was hidden deep within his gaze. I tilted my head and blinked at him. "What are you thinking?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm just shocked at how fast time flies."

"Yeah... it seems too perfect, though. Magister Mortalis hasn't done anything for four months. I'm a little worried, to be honest."

"Hey, don't worry about that right now. Take some time to relax and enjoy yourself. Or better yet, enjoy me."

I groaned and shoved Yoongi, yet he just laughed and snaked his arms around my waist, practically yanking me to fall on his lap. I glared up at him and he kept laughing, poking his tongue out to tease me. In response to his childish behavior, I hooked my finger around the hem of his shirt and scooped up a handful of sand, pouring it down onto his chest. He groaned and tried to air out his shirt as I laughed at his failure to do so.

"Oh, you're gonna get it now!"

I screamed as he took off his shirt and hit me with it, getting sand in my clothes and my hair. I tried to crawl away, but he hooked his arms around me and pulled me back into his chest, swaying me from side to side as he angrily grumbled in my ear.

"I am officially declaring war."

"Oh, shut up," I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Mm, make me."

I looked back at him with an 'I'm done with your bullshit' face, and he immediately cracked up at my expression. I took his shirt and hit him twice before throwing it on his bare chest. In the near distance, the rest of the boys were playing with the Kirin hatchling.