Touch The Sky (2)

My fingers linked with Yoongi's as I enveloped his hand with mine. I swiftly pulled him into my bedroom and towards the stone balcony, elegant glass double doors separating us from the outside. I pushed open the doors and led him out to the platform, inhaling the crisp air.

Understandably, Yoongi was terrified, considering we were dozens of feet in the air, even though there was a thick, stone railing to prevent us from falling off. I brought my free hand up to my mouth, curling my fingers to let out a sharp whistle that echoed quietly through the air. Then, I turned back to Yoongi, who had a faint smile on his face.

"Your dragon seems pretty close to you," Yoongi said as I pulled my hand away from his.

"I've been with Toothless ever since I was a kid. He's a Night Fury, one of the fastest species known," I gushed, a smile spreading across my face from just thinking about my dragon.

"Wow. I-" Before Yoongi could finish his sentence, Toothless suddenly landed in front of us with a loud thud, causing both me and Yoongi to fall over, our foreheads clashing. "Damn! Sorry."

"It's okay." A long pause finally pulled us both to the realization that Yoongi was positioned on top of me, his hands on either side of my head. He awkwardly cleared his throat and stood up, reaching out to pull me up as well. As soon as I got to my feet, Toothless burbled and rubbed up against my body. My hands immediately attracted to his black, scaly body, scratching at his rough skin. "Hey, bud. I missed you too."

"Hey, what happened to his tail?" Yoongi observed, pointing to Toothless' two tail fins, one of which was replaced by a makeshift leather fin.

"Oh, that. I first found him in a cove when he was wounded from a fight. At first, he couldn't fly without me, but that little contraption lets him fly freely."

"Who made it? One of your servants?" Yoongi asked as he knelt beside the leather fin, raising it with his palms. Toothless looked back at the man with curiosity, sniffing him lightly.

"Ah, well, a- a friend of mine. Levi. He's pretty good with blacksmithing and stuff like that." Toothless snorted and nudged my body, and I smiled to myself, placing my hand on his head. "He's not here right now, though. Back home, on royal duty."

"Wow, that's really cool," Yoongi said, but after he spoke, there was an infinitesimal moment of silence.

Toothless took this empty moment as an opportunity to examine Yoongi. The dark slender dragon chittered and sniffed at Yoongi, still slightly cautious, but after a few seconds, his pupils filled his eyes and he warbled playfully, digging his way under Yoongi's arm, earning a small giggle from the blonde-haired boy.

Whining, Toothless rolled over and smiled, his toothless mouth being displayed to match Yoongi's signature smile. Yoongi laughed quietly but was caught off-guard when Toothless playfully pounced on him, his pupils fuller than the moon.

"Come on, bud. Get off of him," I laughed, prying the dragon off of Yoongi. Yoongi scoffed with a smile, then rose to his feet when an idea suddenly struck my mind. "Do you wanna go for a ride?" I asked, not waiting for an answer as I hurried inside to grab Toothless' saddle from my bedroom, leaving Yoongi behind with Toothless.

After a few moments, I returned, a leather saddle in my arms. As I latched Toothless' saddle on, Yoongi stood off to the side, a glint of curiosity and fear in his milky brown eyes. I adjusted the last strap, then stepped back to Yoongi, extending my hand out. Although reluctant, he enveloped his hand in mine and allowed me to lead him onto Toothless' back. I climbed on afterward and sat in front of him, my back facing his chest. I turned my head over my shoulder, watching as Yoongi hooked his feet in the stirrups.