One And The Same (5)

SURPRISE DOUBLE UPDATE BECAUSE I'M BORED

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Before I knew it, I had answered at least a million questions and we had come to a stop right in front of Taehyung's dragons' territory, a large burrowing hole right beneath my feet after I slid off of Agro and called Taehyung to join me.

"Um, how big is this thing?" Taehyung asked nervously, intimidated by the size of the gaping tunnel at his feet.

"She's a Titan Wing - still pretty small compared to the others - but I think she'll be good for you," I replied, leaning into the tunnel to let out a sharp whistle, Taehyung immediately stepping back as the ground started to shake. From the tunnel erupted a gigantic, white snake-like dragon, covered in frills and spines. Blank, hostile red eyes jutted into the boys underneath her as she rose into the sky.

She opened her mouth, ready to let out a deafening scream, when I suddenly yelled out for her, notifying her of my presence. Her expression softened and she landed beside me, curling her body around my figure to hug me. I laughed and gave her a little pat before turning my attention to Taehyung, who the dragon had now noticed and was creeping towards.

"W-What is it doing? Wait - Maya, help me out here!" Taehyung shouted desperately for help, backing away and cowering in fear.

"Hold out your hand," I instructed.

"You want me to do what?!"

"Just do it Tae!"

Reluctantly, he tightly shut his eyes and followed my instruction, but thankfully, it turned to his favor as the dragon bowed her head, pushing it against Taehyung's palm. The boy peeked with one eye and let out a loud sigh of relief, realizing he was safe and had nothing to worry about.

"Okay, I think I actually peed myself this time," Taehyung whimpered, earning a few laughs and grossed-out reactions from the rest of us.

"Taehyung, meet Phaedra. Phaedra, bisa iksas Taehyung," I said with a smile as I introduced them to each other.

The dragon gently nodded and blew a puff of smoke in Taehyung's face to show affection, chuffing shortly afterward at his awe-stricken face.

"I can't believe you can actually communicate with them," Taehyung marveled, stepping back to look at me as I tended to Phaedra, brushing dirt and such off her scales.

"I could teach you guys Draconian. It's not too hard." I turned to the boys mounted on their horses, all of them looking at me with blank stares. I mentally slapped myself, knowing that it'd be too soon for them to jump into learning a new language when they were still recovering from the shock of the situation we found ourselves in. "Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. You guys need to get used to everything first."

I gently patted Phaedra to let her know she could go. She nodded and slithered back into the tunnel while Taehyung and I mounted our horses, trotting off to the next dragon.

"Am I next?" Jimin asked, raising his hand politely with a sheepish smile.

"Yes, you're next, cutie. Come on, let's see how well you guys can ride," I said with a smirk. With that, I squeezed my knees together, prompting Agro to trot, swiftly transitioning into a canter as the boys yelled and hurried to catch up to me. Exiting the forest, we cantered into the connecting grasslands, nearby dragons whizzing their heads towards us and jumping away to avoid the path of the horses. I raised my fingers to my mouth to let out a long whistle, calling for Toothless.

As soon as I heard the familiar roar growing closer, I jumped out of my stirrups and stood on Agro's back, holding the reins as Toothless soared in from the clouds, flying next to me, giving me a clear path to jump off Agro and onto the Night Fury's back. All the boys probably had some kind of audible reaction, but Hoseok screaming "Oh my god! Yes! That's my girl!" overshadowed everyone else's voices. After quickly adjusting my feet, Toothless and I rose into the clouds, leaving the boys and their horses to continue on a straight path, with Agro leading the way.