Ch 11 Section 2

That night the Impala pulled up to a motel office. After Dean parked, the three of them silently got out.

Sam studied them curiously, "So... what the hell is a shtriga?"

"It's a type of witch that preys on kids." Angel explained as Dean avoided his eyes, "Other than that we don't know much about them."

"Well I've never heard of it." Sam quipped, "And it's not in Dad's journal."

"Dad hunted one in Fort Douglas, Wisconsin when we were kids." Dean eyed him, "You were there. You don't remember?"

"No."

Angels eyes shifted to theirs, "He must've caught wind of the thing in Fitzburg now and kicked us the coordinates..."

"So wait, this..."

"Shtriga."

"Right. You two think it's the same one Dad hunted before?"

Dean shrugged, "Yeah, maybe."

"But if Dad went after it why is it still breathing air?"

"Well, Sam." Angel looked to him pointedly, "Obviously because the thing got away."

"Got away?"

"Yes, Sam, it happens." Angel said frustratedly, "Even to Dad, believe it or not."

He scoffed, "Not often."

Dean shrugged trying to lighten the mood, "Maybe Dad didn't have his wheaties that morning."

"Yeah..." Sam eyed between them like he knew he was missing something, "What else do you guys remember?"

"Nothing." Angel answered too quickly, cutting Dean off as he was about to explain and shutting him up with a look, "We were all just kids, Sam. There's nothing to remember." She shook her head before she started to walk away, "I'll just go get the rooms..."

She walked into the reception area of the hotel leaving Sam and Dean by the car and rang the bell. A young boy, around 10 to 12, came from the back room where a younger boy sat watching TV behind him.

The boy looked up at her, studied her a bit then smiled charmingly, "How can i help you?"

Angel took out a credit card as she answered, "Two queens and a king; seperate rooms."

The boy's glance fell from Angel to her brothers who were standing behind her outside.

His voice fell to whisper, "Yeah I'll bet two queens."

Her brow raised curiously as she smirked, "What was that?"

He grinned, "Nice car!" When she smiled at him he leaned in a little, "Has anyone ever told you how pretty your smile is? You are smokin'."

She chuckled at him, "Uh, thanks?"

"Hi." A woman caught her attention as she entered and smiled at the both of them, "Checking in?"

Angel nodded, "Yeah."

"Do me a favor?" The woman turned to the boy, "Go get your brother some dinner."

He frowned, "I'm helping a guest!" She gave him a look and he grimaced before turning to go as he explained, "Two queens and a king for the pretty lady."

The mom looked at Angel mortified but she just chuckled, "Cute kid."

"Oh, yeah. He thinks so." She sighed as she came behind the counter, "Sorry about that. Will that be cash or credit?"