Ch 8 Section 2

Dean sped the impala down the road as he sent anxious glances to Sam who was on the phone as he held his head in pain, "Roger Miller. No no, just the address please. Ok, thanks." He turned to Dean, "450 West Grove, Apartment 1120."

Angel leaned forward, "You're sure you're fine?"

"Yeah."

Dean tried lightening the mood, "If you're gonna hurl I'll pull the car over you know, cause the upholstery..."

Angel rolled her eyes, "Dean."

"What?"

"Not the time."

"Guys, I'm fine."

"Alright."

"Okay."

"Just drive." Sam looked from Dean to Angel, sighed heavily, and looked away, "Guys... I'm scared... These nightmares weren't bad enough, now I'm seeing things when I'm awake? And these, visions, or whatever, they're getting more intense. And painful."

"Come on man, you'll be alright." Dean tensed, "It'll be fine."

"Deans right." Angel agreed, "We're not gonna freak out or worry right now. Not until we figure out more about what's going on."

"What is it about the Millers? Why am I connected to them, why am I watching them die? Why the hell is this happening to me?!"

"Listen Sam." Angel turned to him, trying to calm him down, "I know you're scared. I know you're freaked. All this weird crap is happening to you but we've faced bigger badder things before, right? We face the unexplainable every day. This is just another one of those things. We will figure it out."

"No." He shook his head, not biting, "It's never been us. It's never been in the family like this. Tell the truth, you can't tell me this doesn't freak you out, Angel." As her jaw tensed he turned to Dean, "Both of you, tell the truth."

Angel put her best mask forward as she turned to him, "I said this didn't freak me out, Sam. It doesn't."

"It doesn't freak me out either." Dean lied after staring straight ahead in silence for a minute, "We're gonna figure it out."

Sam stared at them intensely before turning away.

Roger Miller's apartment block...

The Impala pulled up as Roger approached the entrance of his building with a big bag of groceries.

Sam yelled out the window, "Hey Roger!"

"Hey, hold up a second!"

Roger scowled when he saw them, "What are you three, missionaries? Leave me alone!"

"Please!"

Without another word, Roger kept walking. Dean gunned the engine, jumping the curb as he hurriedly parked the car. The three of them scrambled out of the car and ran after him.

"Hey! Roger!" Dean hollered, "Roger!"

"Please!" Sam pleaded as he made it to the entrance just as Roger closed and locked the door behind him, "Hey, hey!"

"Come on, man!" Angel called as he walked away, "We're trying to help!"

"I don't want your help!"

"We're not priests, she's not a nun!" Sam hurriedly explained, "You gotta listen to us!"

"Roger, you're in danger!"