Ch 6 Section 5

After untying the girls, the four of them all ran through the orchard hurriedly.

"Alright." Sam looked over, "Now, this sacred tree you're talking about-"

Angel interjected, "It's the source of the scarecrows power."

"So let's find it and burn it."

"Nah, in the morning." Dean said, "Let's just shag ass before Leather Face catches up."

The four of them reached a clearing where the elders stood waiting, guns and weapons at the ready, with a few other townspeople. They turned around but they were blocked in all directions. The scarecrows growling could be heard by all of them.

"Please." Emily begged, "Let us go."

Harley shook his head, "It'll be over quickly, I promise."

"Please."

"Emily, you have to let him take you. You have to-"

All of a sudden, the scarecrow stuck his sickle through Harley's stomach with a sickening squelch. Emily and Stacy both screamed before Stacy was captured by the scarecrow, too. Emily ran into Dean's arms while her aunt and uncle were dragged away by the scarecrow. The rest of the townspeople scurried away in fright.

"Go, go." Dean urged, "Come on, let's go."

The four of them started running through the orchard again. Upon hearing a noise close by, they turned around but the scarecrow and its victims had disappeared. The three of them stop fleeing and look around.

The next morning...

Angel, Sam, Dean and Emily walked to the sacred tree with gasoline and a lighter. The tree they were looking for was marked with Wince's tattoo design. Sam and Angel walked to the tree and poured gasoline on it as Dean picked up a long branch and lit it with his lighter.

Emily took the branch from Dean, "Let me."

Dean studied her, "You know, the whole town's gonna die."

She threw the burning branch onto the tree, watching as it went up in flames, "Good."

At the bus stop...

As Emily got on the bus, she smiled at Angel and Dean who both waved goodbye to her. She waved back before turning and taking a seat. The three Winchesters watched the bus leave.

Sam turned to his siblings, "Think she's gonna be alright?"

"Oh, yeah." Angel grinned, "After everything she's been through? She's tough. She'll be fine."

"And the rest of the townspeople, they'll just get away with it?"

"Well, what'll happen to the town will have to be punishment enough." Dean conceded as they walked back to the impala, he turned a curious eye to Sam, "So, can we drop you off somewhere?"

"No." He smirked, "I think you two are stuck with me."

Angel studied him as they stopped at the car, "What made you change your mind?"

"I didn't. I still wanna find Dad. And you two are still a pain in the ass-"

Angel smirked, "Ditto for us, little b."

Sam smiled at her a little before it was wiped away as he looked down, "Jess and Mom- they're both gone. Dad is God knows where. The three of us? We're all that's left. So, if we're gonna see this through, we're gonna do it together."

Dean and Angel both paused as they shared a smirk, the latter speaking first, "Aw, Sam... that came straight out of Hallmark card didn't it?"

Sam rolled his eyes as Dean grinned, "Don't listen to her, Sammy. That was beautiful." He feigned tears as he put his hand on Sam's shoulder, "Hold me."

Sam swatted his hand away and they all shared a laugh, "You know, both of you should be kissing my ass. You guys were dead meat."

"Yeah, right." Dean scoffed, "I had a plan, I'd have gotten out."

"Lies." Angel shook her head, "We were totally gonna be Scarecrow chow."

They all shared a smile before getting in the car and driving away.