Chapter 25

[Louis POV]

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

The words were practically etched in my brain at this point. 

It'd been two days since I realized the abuse that was going on, or at least what I suspected was going on, and I didn't know what to do. I would've called the police, but I didn't know anything about the situation or if I was simply overreacting to some blood. 

I mean, maybe she just got a cut and that explains the blood? And lots of acne or maybe she's afraid that she'll run out of makeup or there was a sale or something? For fucks sake, maybe it's wine - one can dream.

All the possible scenarios were ones I hoped were true, but I knew that in reality, it was abuse. I needed some way to get my mom to talk to me in private so I could help her.

All my past feelings of distaste towards her had seemed to have dissipated into the air, and her wellbeing was the only thing on my mind. As for my dad, I wanted to beat the living shit out of him for hurting my mom. Of course, I have absolutely no idea the details or when it started, but that's the information I needed to get from her so I could get him arrested.

I hadn't told anyone about my suspicions in the slight off-chance I was wrong, but the whole situation felt like a ticking time bomb, and I was the only one who could stop the timer.

If I find a way to talk to my mom while playing dumb, he won't suspect a thing. All I need to do is to get her out of the house and get her to tell me what's going on.

Thankfully, my parents were still home when I walked downstairs for breakfast that Sunday morning. I gave a weak smile at both of them, trying to appear a bit warmer than I normally do. It took all of my willpower not to examine my mom's face for any bruises, cuts, or marks that might be masked with the concealer.

"G'morning, Louis," My mom said, "Did you sleep well?"

"Mhm, I did, thanks," I said, getting the milk out of the fridge.

"Louis," I heard my Dad's stern and cold voice coming from the living room. 

I turned to see my mom sitting at the kitchen table while he was sitting on the living room sofa watching some random war movie on the tv. There was an empty bowl of god knows what resting on the coffee table in front of him along with a glass of water. 

The little beads of condensation seemed to pool at the bottom of the glass and I wanted nothing more than to chuck a roll of paper towels at him and demand he wipes it up. Even if they bought the house, I seem to be the only one to look after it and keep it clean since I'm practically the only one home.

"What?" I snapped - tone it down, Louis, play it cool.

"Someone's cranky. Anyways, I'm headed out to go see some friends this afternoon who are in the city." He said, and I tried to hold back a scoff when he said he had friends.

And I care why? Haha, I don-

WAIT, yes, I DO care. This is the opportunity to get my mom to talk to me in private, and the man I'm trying to get arrested is handing me the opportunity on a silver platter.

"Okay," I said passively, "Mom, do you want to go out to get lunch? I have drama with my girlfriend that I need to talk over."

Shit shit shit, what a lousy cover story. Of all things, why did I use a fake girlfriend as an excuse to go to lunch? Should I just lie to her and say there I really do have a girlfriend? She can't know about Harry yet...can she? Am I even ready to come out?