Chapter 9

Louis woke up to the sun seeping through the blinds by the windows. Golden streaks of light lined his room as he rubbed his eyes, getting up slowly.

He felt a soft hand grab his lightly, and looked over.

That wasn't a dream?

It felt too good to be true, but Harry was actually laying in the bed he'd just gotten up from. 

He intertwined his fingers with Harry's and whispered quietly, "Good morning Haz."

Harry showed a tired yet giddy smile that made Louis' heart flutter.

"G'morning Lou."

"I'm going to head downstairs to get some breakfast. Niall is probably asleep, but Liam's an early riser so I'm sure he's up."

"I'll be down in a bit."

Louis let go of Harry's hand and slipped on his sweatpants and the crewneck before heading downstairs.

Liam was already downstairs and working his way through Froot Loops and milk. He could see Liam drinking the milk from one glass, and eating the dry cereal from another.

Louis preferred eggs in the morning, so he went to the fridge to pull them out, and placed a pan on the stove.

"Hey Louis. Sorry last night was a late one. Me and Niall got way into the games after Niall got the hang of it."

"I'm just happy Niall had fun. He seems like such a decent kid."

"He's great! But I can still beat his ass in video games with my eyes closed, so he needs practice if he wants to play on my team." 

Liam laughed, then took a sip of milk. He looked up at Louis before continuing.

"Harry didn't seem very into the games though. Sometime past midnight he wandered off. Said he was tired or something but I couldn't quite hear him."

Louis cracked an egg into the pan, hearing the sizzle of butter crackling beneath it.

He wanted to tell Liam what had happened because it still seemed surreal and Liam was always transparent with him so it only seemed fitting.

"Liam?"

"Hmm?" Louis could hear the crunch of cereal in the background as he flipped the egg.

"I know what happened to Harry."

"Did he go to sleep in a spare room? You have so many that I can't even keep track of them all."

"He did. But..." Louis trailed off, before taking a deep breath. You can trust Liam, it's okay.

"It was my spare room."

He heard Liam pause his chewing.

"What?" He asked with a mouthful of Froot Loops.

"I mean, we were in the same spare room. Like... together."

Liam swallowed the cereal before pushing out his chair and walking over to Louis.

"For real? He doesn't even know you have feelings for him yet. For fucks sake, he thinks you're still straight."

Louis lowered his voice. "Liam, he came into my room and got into my bed. After he did that, I came out to him but it felt like he already knew. He's so quiet and reserved though so maybe expecting a more shocked reaction was a lot to ask from him."

Louis took the cooked egg and put it on a plate, seasoning with salt and pepper before turning off the burner. He wasn't much of a cook, but he knew the basics from YouTube tutorials.