Chapter 17

[Louis POV]

It had only been a few hours since Harry left, but it felt like a lifetime. I didn't know that I could form such strong connections with someone so quickly. 

Sure, the sex brought us closer together, but I saw it more as my feelings for him being understood and received. It was the way that he assured me he was (or at least was starting to) feeling the same towards me.

I knew Harry at least enough to know that he didn't go around outwardly expressing his feelings for people like he did for me last night. His dominant and passionate presence was already a shock to me, but he had told me after we finished that he'd never felt like this for anyone in his life before.

It was the clarity I needed.

Harry just made me feel so much more confident about who I was. Liam is an absolutely wonderful friend, but I'd never gotten that amount of reassurance from anyone for being and loving who I wanted to. 

I could tell Harry was the one, and that this would soon develop into an even more meaningful and deep relationship if he permitted it. He seemed ready to give me his love, and I surely wouldn't be resisting that. I planned to give him the same in return.

I couldn't help but crave his presence. Last night was one of the greatest days of my life, and he just made my feelings for him grow ten times stronger. I wanted him. 

I needed him.

I was interrupted in my thoughts by the sounds of a car parking in the driveway. My heart fluttered at the thought of Harry coming back to surprise me and spend the day. Spending time with him, whether it be tutoring or overnight shenanigans, was always a pleasure. I really enjoyed his company, and for good reason.

That soon changed when I heard the all too familiar chirp of a car getting locked. Harry's truck was relatively old, and he could either unlock it by using a key on the door handles, or with a fob and just without the chirping (it was broken).

I held my breath as I saw my mom and dad walk up the front door, stopping halfway for a little makeout session. I nearly gagged. 

All they did was hook up and senselessly give physical love to one another. There didn't appear to be any substance in the 'relationship' they had and I despised it.

They were both such selfish people, not caring about anyone else but each other. That's why they always left me alone when they escaped to their cabin. I was surprised and frustrated they even had the audacity to come back after leaving him for nearly two months.

I hated seeing them because they could barge into my life and feel the need to know everything that was going on in my life. I would normally tell them so they would just leave me alone, but I had a feeling they never actually listened and just used the 'conversations' as a way to make them feel like they even had a shred of a relationship with their only son.

I heard the front door unlock and they came stumbling through it, still glued at the mouth to one another. My mom was laughing as they kissed, and they clearly had no idea I was here. Sometimes I wondered what would happen if I went to go and live with Liam instead of here - I bet they wouldn't even notice.

I walked back to the kitchen, trying to hide the frustration on my face. I couldn't deal with them being here. For all I knew, they could be staying for a while which would create some nasty complications and tension.

As I walked to the kitchen to pour myself a glass of water, I thought back to when Harry had come over, and when I got him drinks before watching The Shining together.