Chapter 31

[Louis POV]

"Want to go swimming in the pool on the roof?" I ask Harry as he shakes the water out of his hair from his shower.

Well, technically it was our shower (round two was equally amazing, but messy). We'd just finished cleaning up and changed back into our clothes from earlier today.

"We don't have swimming trunks or anything,"

"I know," I smirked, "There's this awesome thing called skinny dipping, ever heard of it?"

He gapes at me as if he couldn't believe I'd suggest such a thing.

"C'mon Haz, it'll be fun. It's a heated pool and way too high up for anyone to see us. And if there are other people there when we get there, we can just go back to our room. But really, who's going to be swimming this late in the night?"

He ponders momentarily before nodding his head. We slip on our clothes and shoes and take the elevator up to the top floor. There's a spiral staircase that leads us to the roof, and thankfully no one is in the pool or anywhere to be seen.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I ask, looking around at the view of the city.

"I thought the little outlook was nice but being in the city and looking around from this high up is amazing,"

We take off our clothes and before you could say Boo Bear, we were in the pool. The water was so warm and I didn't even notice the cool night air. Harry's curls floated around underwater like a halo, looking absolutely perfect.

When he came up for air his hair plastered to his forehead (mine did too) and was much longer than I realized how that it was straight. I swam over to him and brushed it out of his stunning green eyes.

"You look dashing," I giggle as he pulls me towards the edge of the infinity pool. We're facing the back of the hotel, and can see a nice courtyard and another pool, but we're way too high up for anyone down below to see us (all the more reason to take advantage and go skinny dipping).

"I can't believe you could afford this," Harry says randomly and I turn to him.

"What?"

"I mean, this must be so expensive. I could never afford this,"

I hug him, brushing more hair out of his face. "I have spending money because my parents never used to be home and they'd leave me some to support myself. It wasn't an ideal situation, despite the spending money, but this is by far the best thing I've spent it on. Video games and pizza don't compare to being here with you."

He gives me a warm kiss, before taking my hand. We swim over to a place that I can stand easily on the pool floor and I rest my arms on the thick walls of the pool.

"Do you think my mom will react like yours?" Harry asks suddenly, "I'm scared, Louis. I know I kind of pepped you up, but I was trying to convince myself it'll be okay at the same time, but I'm still scared."

I felt a twang in my heart. "Of course she'll be alright with the news. Does she love you, Harry?

"My dad left her for another man, and that nearly broke her. If she knows I'm gay, I-" He rambles.

"Harry!" I cut him off and he goes quiet, looking at me with big eyes. "Does she love you?"

He nods and I smile. "Does she care about you?"

Another nod.

"Then there's no reason why she won't love you, Harry. She loves you and cares about your happiness and well-being. When you love someone, you want what's best for them and that includes them being with someone they love."