Chapter 33

[Louis POV]

It's been about a week since Harry came out to his mom, and since then he's been so unexplainable happy. We still haven't 'gone public' in school yet, but I feel like I've really come to terms well enough with the fact that I'm gay and that I'm no longer intimidated by being proud of it.

I used to think being gay was some sort of dirty secret that if other people knew my life would b ruined. Harry put things into perspective for me and showed me that it's nothing like that. My sexuality doesn't determine my self-worth, and if other people won't accept me for who I am, so be it. 

Just because they're stuck in the homophobic 1800s doesn't mean I need to live a lie and spend my life being an unhappy bitch in the dark ages.

After this weekend, Harry and I decided that we'd both rather act like a couple in school than separate ourselves out of fear of harassment or ridicule. I think we've both had enough of trying not to hold hands and hug and do all the cute things a hetero couple would in school. Harry said he was always ready to do that with me in school since we've started dating, but we both knew I was the deciding factor. Well, now I'm ready too.

Our moms have been wonderfully supportive of both of us since we came out as a couple. They actually met up for the first time yesterday when my mom reached out to Anne and asked if she'd like to go on a little spa day with her as a 'girls day out' so they could get to know one another. 

From what I heard when my mom told me all about it once she got home, they got together extraordinarily well and will surely become tight-knit friends in no time. I think part of the reason why they bonded so much was from all of the pain they've both gone through - physically and emotionally - and how they both pushed past it to become stronger women.

It's Saturday, and I've just finished eating dinner with my mom - she made us this really tasty spicy chicken and I didn't realize how much I've missed her cooking because I haven't had it in ages. She's finally back for good and I've missed her so much, not even aware of all the walls I'd been putting up between us when she would come home with my dad. 

The realization that I could've helped earlier, but chose to turn a cold shoulder to what was happening despite what were probably obvious signs of abuse is something that will always weigh heavily on my shoulders. No matter how many times my mom tells me 'Louis, it's okay' it'll never be enough. 

However, we had a few really good talks about it and she also reminded me that no matter how much I choose to beat myself up over it, that won't change what had only happened. I've kept repeating this in my mind, and it's helped a bit to my relief. I'm just happy that she's finally safe and happy again, and that we can finally be a functional and loving family now that he's gone.

The boys are coming over soon to spend the night and I'm really excited to have everyone over. I told Niall about Harry and me beforehand, and he's excited to see where things go with us. 

According to Harry, he's finally moved on from his crush on Gemma since meeting a nice girl at the bakery when she came in to order some bread rolls. I've made a note to ask him more about his crush tonight because I'd love to see him happy with someone (if that's what he wants, of course).

Zayn's also joining us tonight, and I'm excited to get to know him as well. We aren't necessarily close but I know he and Harry are super close and Zayn seems like a really cool guy. And of course, Liam is coming over because a get together isn't complete without my best friend by my side.

I told them to come over at around 7 pm or so after we've all had dinner at our own houses. I've got a few movies hooked up in case they want to watch one, but I have a feeling it'll mostly just be hanging out and talking or playing video games, which I enjoy just as much.