Chapter 15

[Louis POV]

I'd changed the bedsheets and took a shower in another bathroom by the time Harry had come out of the bathroom.

I had put on another pair of sweatpants, but skipped the shirt since the spare room was warm from the shower steam, and because I wasn't necessarily cold either after what we'd just done.

Harry walked out of the bathroom just as I had turned on the tv that was on the wall after getting comfortable on the bed.

There must have been spare clothes in his backpack because he'd changed into a whole different outfit that consisted of a light blue shirt (which remained unbuttoned) and a pair of darker blue and white striped shorts.

He laid down next to me, giving me a small kiss on the cheek before turning his attention to the tv screen.

"Want to watch another movie?" He asked, and looked at me with his big, beautiful eyes.

"I'm willing to try another scary movie since you're here, but can we pick one that's a bit less scary this time?"

"I have one in mind," He said, and I handed him the remote, "It's more of a thriller than a horror movie and I think you'll enjoy it a lot more than The Shining."

He typed Fear into the search bar, and when the movie showed up, he clicked on it.

"What makes you think I'll like this one more?" I asked. I was genuinely curious because it sounded scary just from the name. Fear isn't necessarily the same as a movie that's about rainbow bears and princesses.

"Well for one, you'll probably think Mark Wahlberg is hot. Secondly, it's a well-written plot line that makes your heart race but in a good way, and not a 'holy shit this is scary' type way."

I smiled at this because both reasons made it sound like I would really like it.

"And," Harry added, "I'll cuddle with you the whole time."

He held out his arms and I practically collapsed onto his body to the point that we were spooning again. I breathed him in and noticed the same fragrance that he must have put on after his shower.

He started the movie as I melted into his warm arms and body. He played with my hair as I laid there, running his hands through it in a soft and gentle way that made me smile and blush.

Harry continued to surprise me; one moment he was this sweet and innocent boy, and the next he was a passionate lover.

But not just any lover. He was my lover.

The movie was just as he'd described it - not too scary with the right amount of action and romance. Plus, Mark was exceptionally hot but didn't even come close to Harry.

When it ended, Harry turned off the tv and turned to me.

"Hungry for any food?"

I realized that I hadn't eaten anything since the diner, and nodded. "There's takeout everywhere. Want to head out to eat somewhere, or should we have it delivered?"

"Let's get delivery. I'm rather enjoying spending time here with you."

I bit my lip and blushed, "Me too Haz. Your company is beyond amazing."

Harry called the local Mexican restaurant and placed an order for the two of us. He seemed to really like tacos and ordered a few different ones before ending the call.

"It'll be here in a bit," He said, and I thanked him.

We both walked downstairs to get some drinks and hang out before the tacos came.

"So," Harry said once we'd gotten into the kitchen, "Hopefully all of that studying will help you on your big science test. Sometimes people learn biology best by being hands-on, you know."

I laughed at the joke. He was proving himself to be a great lover and a terrible comedian, but he never failed to brighten my day.

"I'm going to pass this test with flying colors," I said with a smirk, "My parents hire good tutors."

"It's my honor." Harry took a little bow, and his hair fell over his face before he combed it back with his fingers as he stood up again.

* * *

The tacos were absolutely delicious - or I was just so hungry that everything tasted good. I wasn't quite sure which one it was.

We made our way back to the spare room since it was quite late at this point. Both of us laid down, and Harry took my back into his open arms once more as we got comfortable. We were both quiet, just enjoying each other's company as the night grew older.

This was the first time I'd ever shown this level of affection towards a guy. Come to think of it, this was the first time I'd shown genuine affection towards anyone.

Any interactions with my parents normally included forced smiles and conversations, girlfriends were always just a cover to hide who I really was, and only ever consisted of meaningless sex and sappy texting.

With Harry, it felt real.

This is what I looked for in a relationship, and the love I had for him was building so quickly. He had never questioned my sexuality or changed his opinions on me since I came out to him.

One of my biggest fears was being openly gay in school and facing verbal or physical harassment and abuse. I might be able to lift huge weights and bench press twice of what I weigh, but I was nowhere near strong enough to face those consequences.

Harry felt like my protector. I always felt safe when I was around him, and I knew I wouldn't be ashamed to be open and honest with him. But that didn't stop my fears and my desire to keep this all a secret.

"Harry?" I whispered.

"Yes, boo?"

"Did you tell Gemma or Zayn about what happened in the diner, or about the first night you came in here when Liam and Niall were over?"

"I haven't told a soul. You?"

"Liam knows about the spooning, but that's it. He's the only one who knows I'm gay. Well, besides you."

"My mom doesn't know I'm gay, but Gemma, Zayn, and pretty much the whole school do at this point."

"Both of my parents don't know, and I'd prefer to keep it that way. I'm not ready to come out to everyone yet," I buried my face into his chest before continuing, "I don't know what people will say. I've known since I was young, but I've felt the need to pretend I'm straight for reasons that even I can't explain."

Harry stroked my hair, comforting me.

"I totally understand that, don't worry. Should I keep this a secret from Gemma for us?"

I paused, thinking it over. "No," I said finally, "Tell her. I know she seems like your go-to for advice and she's so sweet and trustworthy."

Harry gave me a small hug as a thank you and my heart fluttered.

We laid there for a bit longer before my eyes were feeling heavy. I think Harry noticed I was getting tired since it was so late. Plus, a lot had happened today and I was emotionally drained, but in a good way.

Before I knew it, I'd fallen asleep in his arms to the smell of sweet vanilla and tobacco.

***

No one asked, but Fear is actually an amazing movie, and Mark really is that hot.

Sorry if the chapters seem short, but that's just how I write :)

Thoughts or comments?

don't forget to vote!