3

Chapter 3: The Jaeger Family

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

~Memory~

I was standing here waiting for it all to be over, raising my head up to look around I could see from the corner of my eye the front door opening.

So, I step back and see him, a tall pale man with dark brown hair that barely touched his shoulders. His eyes were deep green, and he could sense that my (e/c) ones were looking at him. "There's my lassie!" he says.

His accent was Scottish and deep with a nice ring to it. But still, I was confused because he was talking to me. Looking to my left then right I wondered if he was speaking to someone else. But when I looked back I watched him smile at me and make his way over to me. His large body seemed to make the floors vibrate a little, or maybe it was just me. "Why do ya look so confused Bonnie?" he asks.

As he grew closer I stepped back until he stopped. With my plate of food I quickly rush around him, from there I went to the kitchen. Who was that man?

In the kitchen, with my plate of food, I took a bite of a chip, while reaching for the bottle of beer. As I was reaching for the drink my mother swooped in and slapped my hand. "Ow Ma, I just want a drink-

"No drinking, go back out there Andrew wants to see you," she says, then she took a hold of my upper arm and began dragging me back out to the living room.

"Who is Andrew?" I ask.

As we were turning the corner the same man ran into us. "This is Andrew. Don't you remember him?" she asks. The handsome man smiled at me and seemed a little confused.

"It's me (N/N), Andrew... we were best friends in high school," he says.

I stood there behind my mother shaking my head. The man named Andrew smiled and looked at my mother like what-the-fuck-happened? "Mrs. Jaeger, may I have a word?" he asks.

My mother nods and releases my wrist. Walking over to the corner with him I stood there in the crowd of people who were beginning to leave. Crossing my arms I stood there waiting for them both to come back. After a couple of seconds away he stood up straight and looked back at me with sympathetic eyes, then he looked back down at my mother as she continued to tell him.

After about five or so minutes they both came back. "I'm sorry (N/N), I didn't know," he says. I force a smile and nod once.

"It's okay," I say. With arms still crossed I look at my mother and she seemed to finally get the message. She seemed to let out a long sigh before clapping rather loudly.

"Everybody out!" she shouts.

"Except you Andrew, you can stay and... catch up," she says.

~Memory Over~

"Hi," I answer.

It had been a while since I had seen him. He had left town after watching me fight with my mother over the fact she was trying to set us up. As he slowly steps in he opens his arms out to me. "You remember now right? You remember me?" he asks.

I force a smile and nod my head. Slowly I meet him halfway before he caught me in his arms. Holy hell he got muscular. My hands rested on his firm chest trying to keep some distance from him and me. As he slowly pulls back, his hands remain on my hips, "You look good (N/N)." he says.

My eyes shot down looking at the floor. "T-thanks," I mutter. Has his hands slip from my hips he took my hands in his, looking up again I watch only kiss one hand. My eyes then darted back watching my mother, she seemed a little too happy watching the two of us interact. Swiping my hands out of his grasp I smile and wipe his kiss off my hands.

Turning away I go back to cooking. "Com'on Andrew, why don't you help me make my famous eggnog." my mother says as she pulls Andrew along with her towards the fridge. I on the other hand kept working on peeling a few more potatoes... to make sure we'd have enough now that we have our guest.

~Two Months After Historia Takes the Throne~

~Levi~

"Ah good... look like there's no water down there," Hanji says as she shines the light down the steps.

Eren's basement, after all the shit the scouts had been through we had reached the basement. The very basement that would tell us more about the titans. Unfortunately, there weren't many to witness this moment, not even the commander himself. Standing at the top of the steps I looked over at the two brats, it had been weeks now since (Y/N) left us to return to her time.

I still was trying to comprehend this whole shitty situation, but for now, it would have to be put off until my mission was finished. "Come on," Mikasa says as she looks at Eren.

I led the small group down with my light pointing into the darkness, I didn't know what else could be down here other than dust and mildew. At the bottom of the stairs was a door, I stop and glance back up watching Eren as he took his steps slowly and took the key into his hand. "Open it," I order.

I watch him step up to the door and pull the key off around his neck. He then took the lock into his hands and attempted to place the key in the hole. "What? This is-

"What's wrong?" Hanji asks.

"This key doesn't open this door." Eren answers, he turns his head to me looking worried wondering how he would get into the room.

"But-

I then stepped forward and pushed Eren back. "I'll open it." I groan. Raising my right foot I then kick the door inward until it caved in and began breaking. When the lock was no longer attached to the wall beside the door I push the door in and we entered the office.

I headed for the medicine cabinet to see if there was anything unusual while Hanji checked the books. As I picked up a few bottles I looked at the labels. "If what's on the label is really in these bottles then this is normal medicine," I say.

"And these are all just medical books." Hanji then says.

"At first glance, it just seems like a normal office... 'nothing out of the ordinary'," I say.

As I place the bottles down I look up. "I think that's what it's meant to look like," Hanji says.

"Right... something that would cause trouble with the central Military Police wouldn't be placed out in the open like this..." I stop and turn to the two brats who were just standing there. "Don't just stand there, Erwin wouldn't have been thrown off this easily," I tell them.

"Yes sir." they both say after both began to move around and start looking for clues. I go back to searching hoping to find something hidden within books... maybe some cut-out pages or something hidden in the shelves. But nothing.

"Eren." I hear Mikasa call. We all turn to her finding her bent over in front of Doctor Jaeger's desk. "There's a keyhole here," she says.

We all head for the desk, while Eren takes Mikasa's place he takes his necklace off again. Carefully he lined up his key with the whole. Once it was in he turned it and we hear a soft click. Quickly now Eren pulls the drawer out. "It's empty?!" he questions.

I lean in closer. "Look closer, it's got a false bottom," I tell him. Eren then pulls the false bottom off revealing three books. Pulling them out we decided to look at the one Eren had been holding, both Eren and Mikasa looked at each other before opening the book. And on the very first page was a picture or so it said on the back of it.

'This is no drawing. This was made by burning the light reflected back from the portrayed object onto a special kind of paper it's called a 'photograph.' I came from a place where humans lead a luxurious life, outside the walls. Humanity has not perished."

═════ 🌙 ═════