11

Chapter 11: Afraid

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

The second I entered through the front door I bursted into tears, which was something I hadn't done since I had first gotten back... I didn't cry when I regained the painful memories because I had cried enough to the point where I thought I was all dried out. But here I was, tears pouring from my eyes like waterfalls.

Leaning against the door I sniffle and slowly slide down until I reach the floor. I bring my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them then hid my face. The date had gone all wrong, I missed Levi, I was constantly alone even if I hung out with friends. I felt like I didn't belong here anymore. God, why did I fucking leave? For Lizzi? Mom? It all seemed pointless now that I think about it. Lizzi didn't need me, and my mom was doing just fine without me.

Suddenly I felt tiny paws press at my arms that were wrapped around the top of my knees. There was a soft meow then a head bump from Duchess. Lifting my head up I find her standing on her hind legs and looking at me directly. Then leaning in she began to lick the tears off my face causing me to smile softly. Stroking her back she began to pur softly and nudge at my jaw a little bit then jumped into my lap.

Duchess was the only one I didn't have problems with. She continues to bump her head into mine and pur at the same time. Oh what would I do without you? Getting up I take Duchess with me to the bedroom where I calmed down and changed out of my clothes and into something more comfortable. I cleaned off my face and headed back into the bedroom where I fell onto the bed, not a moment later did Duchess jump onto my back and lay there.

But even still... tears seem to still seep from my eyes... no matter how hard I tried to stop.

~Levi~

I laid in my bed, finding it hard to focus on any work at the moment. Not that I had much. With a sigh I lay there looking up at the ceiling. Everything has just been so fucking stressful, soon we would be heading outside wall Maria, now that it was clear and being resettled.

But I didn't want to think about that now. It was her that crowded my mind these days as it grew closer to the anniversary. I made it my personal mission to remember (Y/N) fearing that without her here I'd slowly start to forget... so I kept a journal and did my best to write down memories of our time shared together which mainly was me writing about how shitty I was to her.

I wondered what life was like in her time, if titans were still out there- if titans were completely erased from the world. What would it be like... to live in a world where I didn't have to kill giant monsters? To not deal with secrets, and people after you? Was the world really a better place in the future? Or is it worse?

~Next Day~

~(Y/N)~

I woke up with a soft sniffle. My eyes were sore and my head ached as I slowly sat up. Uncovering my lefts I slowly slip out of the bed and head for the bathroom where I prepared for the day knowing I had classes and work today.

As I exited my apartment I bumped into Andrew who I assumed was coming to meet me. "I'm not in the mood to talk this morning Andrew so just leave me alone." I tell him.

He lets out a sigh and steps in front of me. "Go away with me." he suggests. In shock I shot my head up and look at him as if he were crazy.

"I-I can't why- I have school a-and work!" I stutter.

He smirked and turned his head to the side. "I know that, I mean when you have your next break. Come away with me." he says.

I look back down to the ground and shrug my shoulders. "I don't know... I was thinking about staying with my mom for a little bit... her wedding is that week and-