18

Chapter 18: Unwell

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

I woke up feeling like utter crap. My nose was stuffy and my eyes felt heavy, and for the past couple of days my stomach had been feeling a little off. With a sigh, I lay my hand on my forehead and shut my eyes again.

But before I could fall back asleep I hear a soft knock at my door. "Come in." I say, my voice was scratchy.

I watched as the door opens and Andrew pops his head in. "Morning." he greets. Entering my room he walks over to the bed, looking at me a little confused he gently places the back of his hand on my forehead.

"Ah shit, you're burning up." he mutters.

"Really? I hadn't noticed." I mutter.

I sniffle softly and look up at the ceiling. "I'll go and make you some soup." he says. I nod slowly before turning my back to him. I cough quietly as I hear him walk away from the bed. Slowly I pull the covers over my shoulder to keep warm as I sniffle again.

~Time Skip~

A while after Andrew left to make my soup I was starting to feel a little worse than before. But soon after I sat up the door opens and a cool breeze sweeps in. Pulling the covers over my shoulders again I look up and glare at Andrew.

Smiling innocently he walks over to me with the tray of foods. Placing it on my lap he backs away slightly and kneels on the floor. With the spoon, I slowly pick it up and dip it into the steaming soup. Once getting a spoon full of soup I put the spoon to my mouth and softly slip. After swallowing the tasteless substance I sigh softly and sniffle again hoping to have cleared my nose a bit more.

I go in for another spoon full and continue until I felt full. On the tray, there was also some medicine and a glass of water. Grabbing both I pop the pills and quickly down it with water, jerking my head back I swallow the pills. I set the glass on the nightstand next to the bed then hand the tray off to Andrew.

"Get some rest, I'll check on you in a bit okay?" he asks.

I nod and lay back down on the bed. Turning my back to him I shut my eyes and fall back asleep hoping this sickness would fade away while I slept.

~Dream/Memory~

A couple months had passed since returning and I was remembering quite a lot since I had returned. Now I was getting ready to go back to school soon. Still I needed to go see my therapist every Friday, but only to do check ups and what not.

Exiting my room I head into the kitchen where my mother had been making breakfast. "Morning." she greets.

"Morning." I say in a groggy tone.

As much as I was in the present, my mind still lingered on the past. Back when I was with them. I hadn't told anyone where I had gone, and no really questioned it anymore like I thought they would. Standing in front of the sink I look out at the backyard.

The memories from that time were still fresh in my mind granted it had been two months since being there. I missed the others dearly, Eren and his kindness, Hanji who had been there since the beginning for me. And Levi, the man who still had my heart even if I could no longer be with him.

My research had stopped after my return, I was too afraid to find out how they would die. All I wanted to do was hope the best for them. "(Y/N)." I hear my mother call, bringing me out from my thoughts I turn to her, she was at the table looking over at me.

There were two plates filled with food. Oh, I guess she finished. I slowly walk over to the table and sit across from her. Looking down at my plate, I grasp the fork in my right hand and slowly begin to eat my breakfast. How I missed them all...

After eating, I returned to my room. Shutting the door I walk back over to my bed and crawl back into the hole I had created. Although I had retrieved a good portion of my memories it didn't make it easier on me. I remembered how my father abused me... how he whipped me... choked me... said many hurtful things to tear me down. Along with that were all the memories I now cherished of Levi... of Hanji and Eren the squad, everyone I met in the Survey Corps.

My time with them would forever be tattooed to my heart. No longer did I have any desires to research my family... because then it would lead back to him. Levi. And I didn't want to know how he'd die whether it was in a gruesome battle or peaceful in his bed as an old man.

~End of Dream/Memory~

Tears poured from my eyes as I awoke. I woke up the sound of the door creaking open, as I raise my head my vision was like I was wasted drunk. I felt dizzy as I sat up slowly, by the door a figured showed. "Hey are you okay?" I hear the familiar voice call.

Confused I look up at the blurry figure. "Levi?" I mutter.

The floor creaks with each step as the figure grew closer to me. Although my vision was still a little fuzzy I saw his face... and I lost it. Clutching onto the collar of his shirt I shake violently as the tears continue to pour. Sniffling softly I look down away from his face. The man in front of me was the one who held my heart, the man I absolutely hated in the beginning but grew to love. "I'm so sorry Levi." I sob.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here now." he says bringing me into his arms.

Resting my chin on his shoulder I look up at the ceiling and cry out as I held him tightly. I was a mess, the moment I saw his steel bluish grey eyes I lost it, I had no control over the emotions I felt I had missed him so much that it was hard to breathe. Huffing and sobbing I pushed myself closer to him making sure he couldn't leave me. "I-I...I shouldn't have left! I'm so sorry." I cry.

I felt his hand gently stroke the back of my head to calm me. Sniffling I pull my head back to face him, both my hands held onto his shoulders as I still shook in his arms. "I love you Levi." I mutter, with that I lean in to kiss him. As my lips were just about to meet his, I was suddenly stopped when his hands grab my arms.

~Andrew~

I held her arms preventing her from kissing me. I didn't know who this Levi was but she definitely wasn't getting any better if she was hallucinating me as some other guy. It hurt, and I wasn't going to take advantage of her when she was in this state. "(Y/N) you're sick, I'm gonna call the doctor okay?" I ask.

She looks at me confused as the tears continue to fall down her face. My heart ached that she loved another man, that was why she had felt like shit since coming back from missing. I push her to lay back down and get her laying on her back while still looking at me in confusion. "I'll be back in a bit okay? With the doctor." I add.

Pulling the covers up over her chest I stand up and turn away from her bed. Quickly I stomp out of her room and shut the door behind me, standing there in front of her door I felt a single tear trail down my face. Quickly I wipe it away as if I was afraid someone would see, sniffling softly I take a deep breath then head downstairs to grab my phone and make a call to the doctor. 

═════ 🌙 ═════