29

Chapter 29: Belonged

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

After a day of house hunting, I finally ended my day going to a restaurant where I met both Harry and Desiree. Something about a celebration and big surprise. Walking through the double doors I asked host where they were seated.

When they pointed me in the direction I quickly walk over and greet them. "Hey guys!" I greet as I sit in the empty chair next to Desiree. Sitting back down Desiree took her husband's hand and looked at me. "Okay, so you know how Harry and I have been trying to have a baby?" she asks.

I nod and smile at them both. "Well, I'm pregnant!" she says in a high pitch tone.

I stand back up and lean over the table hugging them both. "That's amazing!" I say. Truly I was happy for the couple, I did my best to cover up the pain I felt inside, the same pain I had been dealing with since getting back. I guess over time I just got better at hiding it.

They both smile at me and then look to each other happily. Then turned to me, "We didn't think you'd be back so soon, and I was going to call you but Harry thought it'd be better if we told you in person." Desiree says.

I smile and hug her again. "I'm glad you waited, this is amazing! How far along are you?" I ask.

"21 weeks." she says

I was so happy for her and Harry looking at them both. Everything was getting so much better now that I had left Andrew. I hadn't thought about him once.

~Andrew~

Back home at the local pub I was on the floor punching some random guy. Everything was going to shit. My family was going to lose the company, and my father couldn't get out of jail because we didn't have enough for his bail due to the fact we had to pay a fine that was half of what he was stole.

I punched the guy below me multiple times as the other men tried to pull me off. It was like after losing (Y/N) everything was going to shit. Finally the guys yanked me off and I was soon tossed outside and told me never to come back here.

Standing up I brush myself off and glare at the men who stood in front of the door. Well this is fucking great! I let out a scoff walking away I went to find the next bar I could drink at.

~(Y/N)~

In bed that night I was looking through my journal that I kept while living in 850. It was a good thing I kept things heavily detailed. After reading through a few notes I close the book and lay back on my bed and shut my eyes.

~Dreaming/Memory~

The room was dark only lit by the fireplace to the left of his desk.

Walking past his desk I look out the window. From there I could see the lightning flashing outside. Flash after flash with soft little rumbles signalling the storm was still quite far from the headquarters. "Erwin hasn't told me what he locked you up for." Levi mentions.

I held myself while keeping my eyes glued to outside the window. "Believe me you don't want to know." I sigh. Turning around I continued to hold myself from still being cold.

Levi stood on the other side of his desk, his eyes boring into mine. I didn't want to tell him Erwin thinks I'm a spy, he'd get angry and I fear Levi more than I do Erwin. 'If Erwin wanted to he'd send me to the military police... but he hasn't... yet.'

"You still cold?" he asks changing the subject. I gently nod, stepping around his chair I slowly walk around his desk before I stood next to the fireplace. The warmth radiated from the flames onto me making me feel better.

Levi snapped his fingers grabbing my attention. Looking his way he pointed to the floor beckoning me to sit on the floor. Doing as told I go and sit in front of him, my head looked back at him watching as he stepped over to the sofa. He picked up the neatly folded blanket and stepped back over to me.

Unfolding it he held it open wide before draping it over my shoulders adding to the warmth. "Thanks." I mutter. Crouching down he sat beside me and leaned back.

Looking down at my hands I wondered why he had come to get me knowing the consequences. "Levi." I call softly.

"Hmm?" he hums.

Keeping my eyes on my hand I let out a soft sigh. "Why did you bring me here? Why come to the cellar to get me when you could get in tro-"

"I don't know... got bored I guess." he sighs. 'He got me out of pure boredom?!' Looking up I meet his gaze finding his cheeks a little flushed.

"Really? You came to get me because you were bored? Are you that lonely?" I ask.

His eyes darted forward while his face contorted into a slight cringe. "I'm starting to regret letting you out." he mutters.

With legs crossed I turn to him. "You got me out because you missed me didn't you?" I ask now starting to tease him. I poked at his shoulder a couple times before his hand slipped into mine.

"Tch, you're delusional." he groans.

Laughing at his remark I shook my head. "I don't think so." I chuckle. With my other hand I continued to poke at him watching his face become more flushed. 'He did miss me, after only three days.'

"Com'on admit it, you missed me." I chuckle.

"Who would miss your excessive chatter?"

Grabbing my other hand he stopped my poking all together. His hands were gentle around mine, I noticed him pulling them back which brought me closer to his face. "I'm only teasing." I mutter.

I watched his eyes shift from my eyes to my mouth. As I grew closer to his face the more my heart raced. 'It's like that time in the woods... and hot spring I better do something quick-'

Before his lips could land onto my mouth I turn to the side. His lips fell onto my cheek instead, his lips were surprisingly softer than I imagined. He sat there for a moment before pulling his lips off my face. Quickly I sit back and turn forward staring at the fire. 'That was a close one...'

~Dream/Memory Over~

I woke up the next morning with tears in my eyes. Today was the day, the day I remember it all, how I fell in love and left him. Where I remember meeting my many great grandfather, fought titans, and felt utter fear, but remember how I belonged.

═════ 🌙 ═════