8

Chapter 8: Whatever It Takes

═════ 🌙 ═════

~ 2 Weeks Later~

It was January 14th 2019, I had 3 months and 7 days until the anniversary of when I traveled back in time. I had been counting the days until I would go back and remember all that had happened within the month and a half that I was there. Although it wasn't long a lot still happened. A lot.

Currently I was making my way to class, walking out of the building I go to make a right turn to start walking to class. I figured to stay in shape I'd walk to my school considering it really wasn't that far from where I lived. Before I completely turned right I ran into someone. As I jolted back I held my books to my chest tightly then looked up.

It was Andrew. For the past two weeks I had been doing my best to avoid him in fear he'd ask me out again. "Hey." he greets with a sweet smile.

"H-hi." I stutter, I quickly step around him and say goodbye as I turn to start walking away I felt him grab my arm.

"Wait- where are you off to?" he asks.

I dart my eyes down to his hand then back at him. I yank my arm out of his grasp. "I have classes- someone of us go to college." I say.

He laughs shyly and scratches the back of his head. "I see- I'll walk you!" he offers. I purse my lips together and shake my head.

"That's not necessary- you'll.... You'll be late for work." I tell him.

He laughs again and shakes his head. "I'm the CEO I can be a few minutes late." he says. I roll my eyes and turn away from him, rushing beside me we both walked alongside one another. With my books pressed against my chest I keep my eyes forward. The cold wind swept across my face causing me to lift my scarf up over my mouth and nose. "Why don't you take your car?" he asks.

I look at him then back forward. "Uh... because it's good for my legs- plus I don't wanna waste gas when I'm really not that far from school." I tell him. Of course he wouldn't understand since he was born into a rich family... he didn't have to worry about money.

As we continued on our way he kept his mouth fairly shut, only ushering a few words here and there. And when we came to the gates of my school we both stopped ready to say our goodbyes. "Can I take you to dinner tonight?" he asks.

I turn to look at him with a vague expression. "I have work right after class." I tell him.

He let out a sigh. "What time do you get off?" he asks.

My eyes narrow at him, I was getting annoyed with the constant questions. "11... why?" I ask.

"I'll pick you up." he says.

He turns away and begins to walk away and I turn to watch him. How does he even know where I work? Does he know or did he forget to ask? "You know where I work?" I call.

He spins around and walks backwards. "Your mother told me!" he calls back. I let out a long sigh and turn again. Why am I not surprised. Back when I first came home my mother had been trying to set me up with Andrew, she thought I could use a boyfriend. It lead to her and I not talking for a few months.

I head into school and try to forget the fact that I wasn't getting out of seeing Andrew again. I had wished it was easier with him- like in high school. He and I were just best friends nothing romantic, Lizzi was there too and we didn't have to deal with all this stuff going on. I didn't even want to bring this up to Lizzi because she would just come back and say that I didn't want to talk about her boys so I had no right talking to her about mine.