1

Chapter 1: Memories

═════ 🌙 ═════

Previously on A Time With You...

~(Y/N)~

I shot up from the ground going straight into a coughing fit, my throat began to burn as I vomited onto the green grass. Like before my vision was blurred, but the nausea was new, on all fours, I feel around for my bag.

Once I felt the fabric I heard twigs snapping not too far from where I was. "Over here! I think someone's hurt." I hear a male voice call.

I was then felt weak again and fell limp to the ground hearing the footsteps get closer. "Fräulein are you okay?" a man asks.

I quickly shook my head then feel someone grab my shoulder. "What is your name?" he asks. There was a bright light from their flashlight shining down at me, blinding me.

"I'm (Y/N) Jaeger."

~8 Months Later~

~Memory/Dream~

"She's waking up." I hear a woman say. My eyes slowly opened starting out slightly blurred but eventually faded into a clearer view. It was a bleach blonde woman in a light blue scrubs and a white coat. I let out a soft groan and look to the woman.

"Where am I?" I ask in a raspy tone.

She was checking my stats by the look of it. "You're in the hospital, some guys found you in the middle of the woods," she tells me.

"What's the date?" I ask.

"April 19th, 2018," she answers. I let out a sigh and shut my eyes again with a slight smile. With my left hand, I felt for the necklace but felt nothing.

My eyes opened again a little wider this time. "Where is it?" I mutter. The doctor smiled and held up a plastic bag revealing some of my belongings.

"Your necklace was in here. And your bag is on the left side of the bed... why don't you go back to sleep, tomorrow your mother and friend will be here in the morning," she tells me. Nodding my head I lay back and let out a sigh.

"Where is she?!" I hear a woman shout. My head rises again to see what was happening, an older woman with darker hair was frantically searching while a younger girl with dirty blonde hair followed her.

When they looked into my room they stopped in their tracks. Their eyes widened and smiles grew on their faces at the sight of me. "(Y/N)!" they both screamed before running over to me. They both took me into their arms, I was drawing a blank when I saw their faces.

When they released me I stared at them confused. Both of their smiles dropped as it dawned on them that I didn't remember them. The doctor was ready to tell them to leave but she looked at me in slight confusion. "(Y/N)... do you know who they are?" the woman asks.

I slowly shook my head. They seemed a little familiar but what they were to me or their names were didn't come to mind. The older woman then held onto the younger like she was falling apart at the fact I didn't remember her. "Okay, Mrs. Jaeger I will run some scans and talk to you both tomorrow, for now (Y/N) needs rest." the doctor says.

They both nodded and turned away from me. Exiting through the door I see the dirty blonde one looking back at me with sad eyes. Once the door shut I lean over to the left and grab my bag, lifting it up I set it in my lap and begin going through my things. There I found my small journal where I had written everything down in thorough detail during my time as a Scout.

As I flipped through the pages I found that my writing remained the same, which brought me relief knowing now that I'd be able to remember them. Each and every one of them even now that I'm... home.

~Memory/Dream Over~

I shot up from my bed, with a sigh I turn my head to the left looking at the digital clock. It was 3 a.m. Quickly I stumble out of bed and walk over to the calendar by my door. It was the 24th of December. The year was 2018.

About eight months ago I had returned and went through some short term amnesia. But that was eight months ago, now my memory was fully restored. I remembered it all... Lizzi, my mom... dad... Everything.

I heard my phone buzz loudly against my bedside table on the right side. Walking back over I sit on the edge of my bed and grab my phone. It was my mother, 'Hey, are you still coming tomorrow for dinner? I have a few other guests I'll be inviting.' it read. It was sent around ten pm, right before I went to sleep. I must've ignored it.

There was no sense in texting her now, so I shut my phone off and set it back where I found it. Climbing back into bed I pull the covers back over my legs and up to my waist. Laying on my back I look up at the ceiling. The day after tomorrow will be Levi's birthday... if I had stayed longer I would've been able to celebrate it with him.

I shot up to the sound of a soft meow coming from the hall. Through the darkness, I saw my white fluffy cat walk through the doorway and over to the edge of the bed. Startled by her jumping up onto the bed I jolt a little but then reach for her. "Hi, Duchess." I greet.

Spinning in a circle on my lap she finally laid down. Looking down at her, I gently run my nails through her soft fur. Soft purs resonate from her which helped me relax. Leaning back on the pillows I sat there for an hour or so, I would've gone back to sleep but I didn't want to disturb my cat.

When it was nearly five in the morning my cat finally jumped off of me and ran out of the room. Sliding down I lay back down on my back and slowly close my eyes and fall back asleep.

═════ 🌙 ═════