27

Chapter 27: Who Knew

═════ 🌙 ═════

~Levi~

Walking quickly down the hall, Hanji followed me trying to convince me not to go. "Levi could you just stop and think for a second! I need you here to help me with all this, I'm not exactly commander material." she says.

Stopping I turn back to her and glare at her in annoyance. "You'll be fine, you have Armin's help and all the other brats. Need I remind you what I said?" I ask.

She stops and sighs, I knew she was frustrated. But I told her I was done losing people, and if it meant that I would have to be away for a little while then so be it. "No, I remember. Are you packed?" she asks.

"Not completely. I'm getting a few things ready still." I tell her.

Nodding she then pulls two books out of her arms and passes them over to me. "Here, take these. (Y/N) will know what to look for." she says.

Nodding I take them from her hands and walk off leaving Hanji behind. I get that my job was important but right now there was nothing to worry about. Titans weren't a threat at the moment and everything was okay.

~Hanji~

I watched him walk away. Since becoming commander, it wasn't easy. I wasn't that good at this and it was a stressful job and I finally understood the weight Erwin carried on his shoulders for years, but I could never be as good a commander as Erwin. Since Moblit died, it's been just as tough sure we lost a lot of comrades along the way but not as many as we did when fighting the beast titan along with Reiner and Bertholdt.

But because Erwin made a choice, I became the next commander. And to honor the man, I made sure I did my part as commander to see humanity move forward. Who knew it could be this difficult though. Erwin was better at this than I was, but I kept trying for humanity.

~Andrew~

Back home, in my lonely apartment I drank most of my scotch until I felt completely numb. Since (Y/N) yesterday, I too came home seeing that there was no reason to stay any longer. Taking another gulp of the drink I slam the cup down and refill it.

I planned to drink the pain away. I was an idiot, and now I couldn't contact (Y/N) and as far as I know from her neighbors was that she was moving out. She really was going cold turkey on me and cutting me out for good.

Every time I closed my eyes I'd see hers, I was obsessed with her. Wholeheartedly in love and wanted her to me mine and only mine. Due to this guy named Levi, she didn't want me which I hated. I didn't know if he had hurt her or what, but I know if I ever met him I'd beat his ass.

My thoughts were soon stopped when I heard a knocking at my door. Slowly stumbling to my feet I make my way to the front door. Without thinking I opened it up finding an equally drunk Lizzi leaning against the door frame smiling.

"Hey hottie." she greets as she walks in. In her other hand she gripped a beer bottle tightly and drank from it. Shutting the door I turn to her only to find her heading for my chair.

"You alone?" she asks.

With a sigh I walk over to the chair and sit down. "Yep." I say popping the 'p'. That's when she sat in my lap and smiles devilishly.

"Perfect." she says. Before I knew it her lips were on my neck, kissing up and down sloppily. I just sat there and took another drink of my scotch. Grinding her hips into mine she continued to leave marks on my neck, which I didn't really care at the moment.

Her kisses began to trail up my neck, onto my jaw then softly pecking at my mouth. Slowly I begin to give into the kiss and sit up properly as my arms wrap around her waist. My right hand roughly grabbed her ass making her moan into the kiss. "Let's take this to the bedroom huh?" she wonders.

Her fingers start to fiddle with my shirt unbuttoning them slowly. After a minute of her roughly kissing me, my mouth began to hurt and I push her away. Wiping my lips I shake my head and look up at her. "Not tonight Lizzi. I'm not really in the mood." I tell her.

Smirking her hands start to trail to the hem of her shirt. "I can change that." she says as she unbuttons the top button revealing the black lace bra underneath. It was tempting but then I look over at my scotch then back at her.

Standing up I walk over to her and grab her arms. I begin to push her back towards the front door, forcing her to leave me alone.

"Maybe another time Liz." I tell her.

As I push her out the front door she looks back in confusion. "But- why not now?" she asks trying to walk back up to the door. Before she could come back in I shut the door and lock it, with a sigh I turn and lean against the door. That's when I received a call, it was from my mother. Answering it I did my best to sound like everything was fine.

"Hello mother-

"Hi sweetie. I don't really have a lot of time. I need you to get on a plane and come home." she says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Your father has just been arrested for money laundering." she says, she sounded as if she were crying, I wouldn't blame her after finding out such horrible news.

At that moment I dropped my phone in complete shock. I didn't know my father was even doing such a thing. It would be bad for the company, we could possibly lose it now that he's been arrested. And dad could go to prison for this. I took a minute to let it sink in before picking my phone back up and apologizing to my mother. Then after dropping the call I took a final gulp and was out the door. Who knew things could get any worse.

═════ 🌙 ═════