19

Chapter 19: Sides

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

The next morning I woke up to the doorbell ringing. Still, a little under the weather I get up out of bed slowly, taking my blanket with me I stumble across the room and over to the door. Opening the door I walk out into the hall and lean over the ledge slightly to see down into the living room.

It was a woman. The doctor? Again? Walking down the stairs I meet the two down in the living room. "What's going on?" I ask in a raspy tone.

They both turn around and I stood completely still when I saw who it really was. Lizzi. Andrew cocked his head up signaling for me to go back upstairs. "Back to bed (Y/N), Doctor's orders," he says as he walks over to me.

I step away and look at him in disbelief. "Fuck what the doctor has to say... what are you doing here?" I ask, my eyes drifting away from Andrew over to Lizzi. She crosses her arms and glares over to me, I could see that on her left hand was a rather large ring.

"I wanted to talk... but it seems you're under the weather so... maybe another time," she says.

As she starts to put her coat back on I raise my hand. "I'm fine, now tell me what you want to talk about." I tell her.

She sighs and look over to Andrew then back at me. "I'm getting married." she announces.

"Clearly, the big rock on your finger sure caught my attention." I say.

She looks down at me then hides it away. "Yeah... I really wanted to talk and get advice from you." she says.

Slowly a smile crept onto my face and I start to weakly laugh which turned into coughs. "That's just funny. Don't waste my time." I say as I turn away... only I'm stopped by Andrew who steps in front of me.

"Hey... just listen to what she has to say." he mutters.

I pull the blankets tighter as I look up to glare at him. "Like I said I'm not wasting my time on someone who's going to ask for my advice but not listen... she knows I'll be right." I say as I turn back to her. "Let me guess you don't love him and he guilt tripped you into an engagement." I say.

She remains silently which only confirms what I assumed. I chuckle softly and look down at the floor. "Figure it out yourself... like you said you weren't going to come to me with this shit." I say as I turn away.

I go to walk past Andrew before he steps in my path again. "Andrew you better let me by or your gonna get a foot up your ass." I growl.

He crosses his arms and looks down at me. "You may not like me, but Lizzi is still your friend and you help your friends." he says before walking over to her.

I wasn't surprised, Andrew always seemed to take interest in Lizzi and her shit. It wouldn't be the first time he'd taken her side... clearly it wouldn't be the last. I turn my head to look behind my shoulder seeing the two of them against me like this... I felt nothing. "How about you help her... because neither of you are my friends anyway." I say.

With that I walk away back up to the bedroom regretting that I even left in the first place. I wasn't going to listen to another one of Lizzi's bullshit excuses to dump a guy who actually might seem pretty decent. And Andrew... I was beyond done with him. Falling back onto my bed I hide away in the covers and fall back asleep dreaming about the past and the people who were my real friends.

~Time Skip~

There was a knock at my door causing me to jolt up. Looking back at the door I watched as it opened slowly. I hide away when I saw Lizzi step in slowly and shut the door. I sigh loudly and turn my back to the door.

"What happened to us (Y/N)? Ever since you came back from... where ever you were, you've been so distant. You hardly leave your house, you never want to spend time with people who actually care about you-

I sit up and turn to her with tears in my eyes. "Care about me? Who the hell gives a shit about me? After I got back no one even asked if I was okay- you didn't make plans to come see me! You came when you felt like it or when you needed help dumping your boyfriend for the week!" I yell.

She steps back and looks at the floor. "Tch... I looked for you... I was so worried you had been killed or something. Your mother helped look too! So there are people who care (Y/N) but you're too shut off to see it-"

I shake my head and hold myself as I look to the floor. "No... being shut off or distant has really opened up my eyes. You were never really my friend and neither was Andrew. You guys always excluded me from things. The only reason why we were supposedly close in college was because you didn't know anyone else and Andrew? He has no respect for me or my choices... none of you do... so why don't you do us both a favor and leave... don't come crawling back... because I'm not someone you can come crying to when your life is shitty over something stupid." I tell her.

I watched her eyes glisten with tears and just like that she rushed out of the room, slamming the door behind her I lay back down on the bed. I didn't feel any better than I had hoped. Since recollecting my memories I came to the realization that before I traveled back in time I was fooling myself.

Thinking that mine and Lizzi's friendship was even close to real. I forced myself to believed she was there for me when I needed her. But in reality she was just a shadow who disappeared in my darkest hours.

~Andrew~

I hear the door slam and footsteps stomp down the hall and to the stairs. Lizzi had come storming out of (Y/N) room after all the yelling had stopped. At the front door she turned to me and wiped her tears away. "Whoever that is up there... it isn't (Y/N) and I wouldn't waste your time trying to save her when she clearly does want us around." Lizzi sobs angrily.

With that she opened the door and slams it shut. Her visit was quick and pointless, sitting on the sofa I looked up in the direction where (Y/N) room would be. Lizzi may have wanted to give up, but I sure as hell wasn't. Although it was clear (Y/N) wanted nothing to do with me, I still wanted to prove I could be a good friend to her. Or at least I hope prove to her that I was on her side. 

═════ 🌙 ═════