Chapter Thirty-Six [[First Part Of The Official Ending]]

My fear simulation is the exact same as my first. Why would it repeat? I do the simulation a little differently than I had originally did the first time. By hiding my Divergence, I couldn't possibly shoot my family, the people I love. This time it's a little different, with more people here, Edward, Four or Tobias, Tris with no one else but the original ones from the first one. I shoot myself in the head and I wake up, with my head in my hands. Just the thought of actually considering of killing the people I love sickens me, it makes me feel like a monster. That is something I don't want to ever become.

When I look up I see Tris looking stunned, "This can't be," she mutters.

"Tris what's going on?" I say nervously. I feel uneasiness materialize in my self conscious.

"You repeated your first fear. Without moving on to another fear. You don't have more than two fears. That's all you have, two," she says barely believing the words coming out of her mouth.

"Why is it so special?" I ask.

"Because the amount of fears that was recorded was four. This is unheard of," she says with her eyes wide open.

"What happens now?" I ask. "What can?" my questions are getting the best of me. "Why were you talking to Eric?" I ask, letting the words slip right through me.

"He got out."

"How?"

"He escaped," she said looking uneasy, something wasn't right. I just didn't know what.

"The initial question was, why were you talking to him." I say sternly.

"What he did to Edward was unacceptable. Do you think I would let that go that easily!? I can't Carter! You're like family to me, and when he hurts someone my family cares about it's not okay!" she said raising her voice, she claimed I was like part of her family. Was it true? Or was it just part of some excuse to get out of this mess? I wanted to know but I had already asked too many questions. My curiosity; the very thing that I wasn't going to get the best of me did, and it didn't result very well. It never does. I'm different, with intelligence, bravery, and selflessness packed into one package, that's me. Someone with a high amount of Divergence, that is considered a threat to our so-called 'peaceful society'. But the truth was it wasn't peaceful. Each of our factions needed something more, something greater than one simple thing, whether it be bravery or intelligence, selflessness or peacefulness, or even honesty. They needed each other they needed to pack together instead of isolating themselves from each other. They needed to be more than one thing. Rather than relying on one thing, they needed more than themselves. But they couldn't get it through their thick skulls if it hit them in the face.

"Tris there's something you aren't telling me, what is it?" I ask the irritation in my voice more noticeable.

"The Erudite are planning to attack Abnegation, I think it's going to be soon," she sighs.

"An attack on Abnegation? How long have you known this?" I ask with my voice weakening, my parents are there. They're helpless, what do two stiffs do?

"Not long, you need to get out of here," she says sighing.

"That's it!? What about all those helpless people! If we don't try to help them thousands of people will die and it will all be on us. We could help save the lives of so many, not all but a lot. Do you want to be the person to let something so sadistic go on? Without even trying to prevent it?" I scream.

"Carter it's not that easy! You can't possibly think you, Four and I can save more than ten people. It's impossible," she sighs.

"So your not even going to try?" I choke the words out, "I can't believe you," I say before leaving.

When I walk out of the room, I see no one here, weird. Where is everyone? They should be here.    I walk back into the room, where I see Tris waiting for the next person to be called in.

"Tris." I say. She jerks her head to me. "No one's out there," I say uneasy.

"What?" she says looking confused. "They should be here by now," she says walking out there and I follow. Then that's when men come in with guns, with their faces blank of expressions. Then from the back comes Max and Eric.

"You too are Divergent," Eric says. "You were resistant to the vapor that we sprayed. That when inhaled if you're normal like the rest of us you would be under mind-control that would make you do things under our command." he says smirking.

"Under Jeanine's control," Max corrects.

"Jeanine Mathew's? Leader of Erudite?" I ask confused.

"Yeah, Leader of Erudite." Eric says smirking.

My instincts take over and I kick Eric in the chins then Max and I then grab Tris' hand we run out.

+++

When we reach the Chasm Tris says, "We need to find Four,"

"Where is he?"

"At the apartment,"

"Let's go."

(A/N: So you have probably read the title and figured out that I will be ending the book in the next chapter. I know it's kinda soon to be ending the book, I just felt that if I went any longer than it would be like starting the next book in the first book. Yes, you heard right there will be a second book, in fact I will have a third book too. I'm thinking of doing some spinoffs from the series. Like the book in Catherine's point of view and a prequel called before she became Carter. Whatcha think? Tell me in the comments on what you think. If you think I shouldn't comment a X below if you're all for it. Then comment the word FOURTRIS below. Thanks for reading this Author's note I know I don't usually do Author's notes but I used to in my first works that I wrote. If you think I should write Author's notes more often then comment SHEO too.

QOTD: What's your favorite book?

AOTD: Mine's Divergent but I do like Harry Potter, PJO, THG, The Giver(Which I just finished), TMI, and, Etc. So yeah.

~Chloe <3