[ Chapter Twenty-nine ]

It had been a few days since the doctor's appointment

It had been a few days since the doctor's appointment. You had been waking up with morning sickness and it had been hitting you at unknown times as well.

It wasn't too strong on you, but it was uncomfortable, and you 100% didn't enjoy spending 5 minutes throwing up almost every day.

You sat on the porch with a cup of tea, taking some fresh air in so you could calm your nerves and shaking hands.

A smile crept up your lips when you saw Leah heading up the driveway, waving to you excitedly.

"How are my best friend and future nephew or niece doing?" She said excitedly, going up the porch and kissing your head when you smiled tiredly at her.

"He has been quite calm, apart from making me throw up every two seconds." You said sarcastically. "Want some tea? I'll serve you a cup." You said, getting up quickly but she stopped you.

"If I want some, I'll serve myself." She said as she held your arms. You sighed, chuckling softly and spitting back down.

"Sorry, I'm so used to helping everyone around me I keep forgetting I'm pregnant and that I need to be careful." You said.

She sat down on a chair beside you, sighing softly. "Where's Jungkook?" She asked, looking at you with furrowed eyebrows.

"He's at work." You simply replied. "With him not home, I'm scared someone might break in or something." You whispered.

"All of that is done, Y/n. Your father is dead and there is no one else looking for you." She said, leaning forward and patting your thigh.

"Hey, it's done. You're safe now and you are having a family too." She whispered with a smile growing on her lips.

You looked down at the cup of tea, getting lost in your thoughts again when a speeding car stopped in your driveway.

Leah quickly got up and stood in front of you while you got up as well, the cup in your hands dropping out of them.

It was a black car, the windows were tinted black, and the plate number was unknown. Your heart tightened in your chest, gripping Leah's shirt from behind.

"Y/n, go inside," Leah said quickly, your eyes widening. "What? No!" You said quickly.

"Go inside I said!" She exclaimed. You quickly headed inside, glancing at her from time to time before closing the door and locking it.

"It was a mistake for you to come here." You heard Leah say. A car door slammed closed, a man's laughter echoing.

"Yeah, that's what people usually say. Now, where is she?" His voice sounded quietly and lowly. You leaned to watch through the window enough that you wouldn't be seen.

Your eyes widened, your hand covering your mouth at the sight of the man. It was the man that the police officers were looking for.

But he was different, he had changed his looks so that security wouldn't recognize him. But you did.

You saw his face nearly every day when things were normal. You noticed Leah's hand go to her lower back, pressing something there.

You heard your phone began to buzz on the counter, moving to notice the notification you got.

'I'm in danger, come quickly. - Leah
Coordinates: 347289, -52773'

You saw it was sent to everyone. To you, Hoseok, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin. You quickly headed to your room, looking through the closet to find the guns Jungkook had hidden for certain occasions like this one.

You took it out once you found it and headed with a quick step to the front door. You opened it harshly, causing it to slam against the wall.

"Y/n! What a surprise." The man said, a smirk growing on his lips. "What are you doing?!" Leah exclaimed, staring at you in shock.

"I'm putting an end to this." You said, not taking your eyes off the man. "Oh, really now? Let's go then." The man said.

He gestured you to go to the car and you hesitantly obeyed, slowly making your way to the car.

"Are you crazy?! He is going to get you killed and you're-!" Leah started but you cut her off. "There is nothing we can do but wait." You said.

You had a plan, and it involved Jimin and Jungkook. You stopped by the door to the backseats, looking at the man as you held the door's handle.

"When we get there, I want something to eat and a comfortable room." You said, buying time. "Sure, anything you want." The man said.

You watched him look towards the street when a growling engine echoed louder and louder as it neared.

You quickly elbowed the man and kicked the one beside you, running towards Leah. "Lay down!!" You screamed, jumping into the porch and laying down beside Leah.

You covered her body with yours as she exclaimed, the car that was nearing the house had now stopped in front after drifting to the side.

The driver began shooting at everyone with his semi-automatic, small pieces of wood and other stuff falling on you and Leah.

When the driver stopped shooting, you took your gun out, shooting the man, who was hiding behind the car on your side, in the leg.

He fell to the ground with a groan, taking his gun out but you shot it out of his hand. Right then, sirens echoed in the distance, hurried steps heading to the porch. "Y/n." "Leah."

Jungkook and Jimin stood there, Jungkook's hand holding the semi-automatic as tears blurred his eyes.

"We're fine. I'm fine." You said, Jungkook's arms embracing you tightly.