[ Chapter Twelve ]

You walked down the stairs to your kitchen, hearing nothing but silence. "Hello?" You called out to see you were alone.

With a sigh, you prepared yourself a coffee and a toast with some butter. You sat down, staring outside the window to the backyard.

It was the middle of the morning, it was still dark outside.

You sipped the coffee, glancing at the counter to see there was some mail, one letter having your name.

After staring at it in confusion, you picked it up. Once open, you began reading the note, your eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

Hello, dear Y/n.

You managed to run away for so long and it was honestly very hard to catch you. That man with you truly had some skills, poor Jungkook when he finds out you're dead.

Sincerely,
Your murderer.

Falling of the chair, you looked outside the window, flashlights heading to the windows. You dropped the letter, sobbing heavily while struggling to get up.

You ran to your room, gathering a jacket and your phone before heading down the stairs of your balcony, messily putting your jacket on.

You ran to the back door, glancing behind you to see there was nobody following you yet. With ragged breathing, you made it quietly outside, closing the back door.

You screamed when a huge explosion flew your over the neighbors' fence, making you slam onto the ground on your side.

You groaned, grabbing your abdomen in pain. A tear trailed down your cheek when someone kicked the fence door open, making his way to you with a pistol in hand.

He kicked your, hard, in the stomach, making you wince. You twisted on the ground in pain, receiving another kick afterward.

And another, and another. He kept kicking you in the face, chest, legs, back. Everywhere.

"That little shit. Jungkook, was it?" He said, kicking you once again. You whimpered, sobbing out in pain. "S-Stop... P-please..." You begged.

"Awe, you're begging." He said, leaning down and grabbing your hair tightly, lifting your head up, close to his face.

"I'm not Jungkook. I won't fall for your begging." He whispered lowly. "I will kill you, just like your father wants." He said.

He dropped your head on the ground, making your wince. You could taste the blood on your lips, your nose was surely broken too.

Your whole body ached, tears slowly becoming dry, unable to leave your eyes anymore. You watched as he pointed the gun towards you, the barrel pointing right at your head.

You lifted your hand, begging him to not shoot you. "Please..." You whispered. With a sigh, he looked away and shot your stomach instead.

You took in a sharp breath, hitching in your throat as your eyes filled with even more tears from nowhere. The pain made you unable to breathe, watching him laugh at you.

"There. Perfect. You'll die slowly and agonizingly." He chuckled, waving his gun before turning around and leaving.

You laid there, staring at the starry sky while sobbing, your breathing becoming heavy and uneven.

Your hands pressed on the wound, barely stopping the heavy bleeding. "H-Help..." You barely muttered.

Footsteps echoed from somewhere, your body beginning to feel cold. Gunshots echoed close by, someone fighting off the gangsters.

"J-Jungkook..." You muttered, mustering up the strength to push your weak body up. You got up on your knees, beginning to crawl your way to the fence door.

You groaned, using only one hand as the other pressed the wound. Weakly, you pushed the door open, collapsing to the ground.

Soon, you felt a pair of arms pull you up bridal style, your eyes too blurry and the world too dark to see who it was.

"You are safe. I'm here. I'm so sorry."