[ Chapter Three ]

"Y/n!"

You jumped slightly at the sound of one of the students screaming your name at the top of her lungs in a hallway that had a lot of echoes.

It made everyone turn and look at you. You sighed, closing your eyes and cursing under your breath before turning towards the girl.

She was quite beautiful, despite wearing glasses, her hair tied in in a bun, and wearing casual clothes.

You smiled at her softly, a genuine, not fake, smile. "What's wrong?" You asked in a slightly polite tone.

Her eyes widened when you paid attention to her, at first stuttering some words out before finally muttering what she wanted to say.

"There is going to be a small party at my house and I wondered if you'd like to come." She asked shyly.

Everyone began to snicker and let out short, quiet chuckles. You sighed softly at their childish reaction, but, you understood why they did it.

You never really liked going to parties, especially the ones your classmates or students from the school did because they always ended badly.

Either because the police caught them or because the students got too drunk and their parents had come back sooner than expected.

You were about to answer the girl when you saw Jungkook walk down the hallway, the girls instantly trying to throw themselves on him

You grinned when his eyes fell on you, a grin growing on his lips as well. "Sure. I'll go." The entire hallway echoed with gasps, the girl gasping as well.

"R-Really?" She asked in disbelief, eyes wide. "Yup. And I'm bringing the new kid too." You said, seeing the girl glance at Jungkook after noticing where you were looking.

"Here is my phone number... Send me a message about your location when you can." You said after taking her phone and she unlocked it.

"Oh my God! She got Y/n's phone!" One less popular girl than you exclaimed, all the students following you with their eyes as you left the school.

You heard running behind you, suddenly being stopped by Jungkook. You stared at him, lifting an eyebrow at his wide eyes and nervous state.

"What?" You asked. "I can't go." You titled your head to the side, narrowing your eyes and furrowing your eyebrows.

"Why is that?" You chuckled softly. "I have things to do. I can't go. I'm sorry." You watched him with wide eyes and shock when he suddenly took off running.

His behavior was strange and weird, making you wonder why he was like that. He definitely wasn't nervous around you, so, that wasn't the reason.

He also seemed quite open with his thoughts when he speaks, so not the reason either. A honk disposed you of your thoughts, making you smile.

"Hey, sis." You said after getting in the car, hugging her tightly. "Woah, what's with the sudden hugging?" She asked.

"Anne. I can't hug you now?" You said, hitting her arm jokingly after pulling away. She simply let out a short chuckle before taking off and driving home.

"Father and mother are angry because of some business deal going wrong. Be careful." She warned softly, glancing at you before looking back at the road.

Anne Anderson. 23. Married with two kids. She is your sister. Always doing what mommy and daddy want her to do. I've said the basic things you need to know, the rest is up to you to figure out.

"Great, I'd love to have a fight with mom and dad. Again." You said with a fake excited tone.

Once she drove you home, you snuck into your room and did your homework before getting ready for the party.

||

There you were, standing in front of the house. You looked around, the other students that also went to the party, probably because of you, waving to you.

You sighed, glancing at the path that was lit up beautifully lit up and decorated. "At least she has a sense of decoration." You muttered.

"Y/n! Y-You really came!" The girl said with a huge smile when you reached the entrance

"Y/n! Y-You really came!" The girl said with a huge smile when you reached the entrance. "Yeah, I keep my word." You said softly, smiling at her.

You hugged her softly, her body stiffening when you did. "You can hug me back. I don't bite." You chuckled.

When she did, she headed inside with you, showing you around the house. "My parents lend me the house so I could organize the party." She giggled quietly.

Your eyes fell upon a greeting card, the writing saying 'Happy Birthday, Leah! Be safe! <3'. Your smile slowly fell as Leah, the girl, quickly ran and took the card, hiding into the drawer.

"It's your birthday?" You asked lowly, staring at her softly. Leah panicked, looking at you nervously and around where people were chatting and dancing to the music that was playing quietly.

"I-I didn't tell you b-because I thought y-you wouldn't care and t-that you wouldn't come a-and I really wanted to g-get to m-meet you-" You cut her off by smiling, taking your bracelet off.

You pulled her arm out towards you and put on her wrist, caressing it after. "It's quite expensive, so keep it close or hidden somewhere." You said.

"Happy birthday."